Rocker Arm Recall concern, update done but now CX-5 feels much slower

:
MAZDA CX-5 Touring
Hey guys, I had the Recall #3719F software fixed yesterday done on my 2019 CX5. It took about 45 minutes.

Anyone else had the fix done?
I noticed that the CX5 is not as much fun to drive anymore as it was before the fix. Also, I noticed that at take off, if I give a lot of gas, there's a huge delay before the vehicle responds. It feels almost like a turbo lag, however my CX5 has no turbo.

It sucks because the vehicle always felt like fun to drive it.

Is it me?

Please let us know if anyone else experiences similar issues after the fix.

Last edited:
No issues with mine.
Same fun car. Same acceleration.
dont stay low rpm ..like 1500.,its dead at that rpm.

If your car is responding so poorly, bring it back to the dealership. The program has nothing to do with performance. All it does is, doesn't allow the oil pressure to the valve train drop. Your dealer might have messed something else up.

ECU disconnect/reset will default to learning mode which should become more responsive after 50 or more miles of driving. Drive it hard for a while to relearn performance.

Op ---> Your car needs to re-learn. Redline the crap out of your car. (cheerbanana)

ECU disconnect/reset will default to learning mode which should become more responsive after 50 or more miles of driving. Drive it hard for a while to relearn performance.

I'll try. I never have abused any of my cars, always babied them.

No difference I can tell after recall was performed, fiance has driven it to work each day and told me it drives the same.
This morning the wife stated the same as your fiance.

Op ---> Your car needs to re-learn. Redline the crap out of your car.
I'll will.

Thanks for your responses guys. I really love the CX5, its my third one.
My other vehicle is a 2019 Honda CRV. Love it but the CX5 is much more fun to drive.

I'm gonna drive the CX5 tomorrow, put some miles in it and report back.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back