Thread: 09' CX-9 Blind Spot Monitoring?

Registered Member

09' CX-9 Blind Spot Monitoring?

Dear Friends,

Couple of BSM related questions for you guys, that are blowing our minds... Perhaps you guys can help?

1. Sometimes while driving the BSM Off light comes and starts flashing. Button does nothing. Putting in P and back to D, does nothing. But it all goes back to normal after a restart of the car... Do you guys know why?

2. Can someone explain exactly how the BSM works on these cars? It is so so erratic! Sometimes the passenger side would blink if a car was passing by. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when turning the driver side light comes on and beeps when when doing a merge and the guardrail is detected. Other times, nothing comes on when attempting to change a lane with the turn signal or without...

So lost... Any help please? 😊😇

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015

sensors are behind the rear bumper, maybe loose connections?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 274HP View Post
    Not sure bud and can never have it consistent. Does it consistently work for you a certain way?

Thank you for sharing!

Registered Member

2010 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Fragger View Post
    Dear Friends,

Couple of BSM related questions for you guys, that are blowing our minds... Perhaps you guys can help?

1. Sometimes while driving the BSM Off light comes and starts flashing. Button does nothing. Putting in P and back to D, does nothing. But it all goes back to normal after a restart of the car... Do you guys know why?

2. Can someone explain exactly how the BSM works on these cars? It is so so erratic! Sometimes the passenger side would blink if a car was passing by. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when turning the driver side light comes on and beeps when when doing a merge and the guardrail is detected. Other times, nothing comes on when attempting to change a lane with the turn signal or without...

So lost... Any help please? 😊😇
    I've never had the "BSM Off" light come on or flash, other than when the car is first started, but I can't remember exactly what it does at startup. Perhaps a sensor is failing? I recall a forum thread from way back about the "BSM off" light flashing and it was a bad BSM module. The modules are $600+ new, I had to have one replaced after getting rear-ended. You can find them cheaper used.

On my 2010, the light on the side mirror comes on when something is in the blind spot. It does this every time something is in the blind spot.

It only beeps at you when you activate the turn signal and something is in the blind spot.

I get "false positives" occasionally if I am next to a guardrail or barrier and the turn signal is on. Not always, but it does happen occasionally.
    Last edited by jal142; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by 274HP View Post

Pretty reliable on mine. Even the rear cross traffic alert is very sensitive warns me even it its on the other parking lane