09' CX-9 Blind Spot Monitoring?

Fragger

Dear Friends,

Couple of BSM related questions for you guys, that are blowing our minds... Perhaps you guys can help?

1. Sometimes while driving the BSM Off light comes and starts flashing. Button does nothing. Putting in P and back to D, does nothing. But it all goes back to normal after a restart of the car... Do you guys know why?

2. Can someone explain exactly how the BSM works on these cars? It is so so erratic! Sometimes the passenger side would blink if a car was passing by. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when turning the driver side light comes on and beeps when when doing a merge and the guardrail is detected. Other times, nothing comes on when attempting to change a lane with the turn signal or without...

So lost... Any help please? 😊😇

Dear Friends,

Couple of BSM related questions for you guys, that are blowing our minds... Perhaps you guys can help?

1. Sometimes while driving the BSM Off light comes and starts flashing. Button does nothing. Putting in P and back to D, does nothing. But it all goes back to normal after a restart of the car... Do you guys know why?

2. Can someone explain exactly how the BSM works on these cars? It is so so erratic! Sometimes the passenger side would blink if a car was passing by. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when turning the driver side light comes on and beeps when when doing a merge and the guardrail is detected. Other times, nothing comes on when attempting to change a lane with the turn signal or without...

So lost... Any help please? 😊😇

I've never had the "BSM Off" light come on or flash, other than when the car is first started, but I can't remember exactly what it does at startup. Perhaps a sensor is failing? I recall a forum thread from way back about the "BSM off" light flashing and it was a bad BSM module. The modules are $600+ new, I had to have one replaced after getting rear-ended. You can find them cheaper used.

On my 2010, the light on the side mirror comes on when something is in the blind spot. It does this every time something is in the blind spot.

It only beeps at you when you activate the turn signal and something is in the blind spot.

I get "false positives" occasionally if I am next to a guardrail or barrier and the turn signal is on. Not always, but it does happen occasionally.

Last edited:
Back