Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Which fuel is better for 2.5 Turbo engine longevity?

  1. #31

  2. #32
    Banned Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    6,161
    Uncle Chris here with the belt.. can't have these vulgar fights going on. People notice and report the bad behavior. It also makes the forum look bad. Cleaned up the junk.
    Others might have done more, just saying.

  3. #33
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Uncle Chris here with the belt.. can't have these vulgar fights going on. People notice and report the bad behavior. It also makes the forum look bad. Cleaned up the junk.
    Others might have done more, just saying.
    But you deleted my totally calm and non profane link to torque management in the ms3

  4. #34
    Banned Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    6,161
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  5. #35
    Registered Member

    2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    Mom and Dad are fighting again :'(


    Glad I missed it. Chris, you did a bang up job editing. It's actually an entertaining read as it is right now.

  6. #36
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Thanks. So in your opinion (or experience?) Is removing this on the turbo...with 310 pounds of tq and awd...going to cause long term issues for drivetrain components? I postulate that it could, but I do not know for fact. It's not tuned in there for grins though, is my bet.

  7. #37
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,344
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quick note here...Many thanks to Chris for stepping in, cleaning up the mess and keeping the peace...

    Also note that repeatedly breaking our rules, policies and guidelines will result in being permanently banned from Mazdas247.

    Please continue on topic...Thanks!

  8. #38
    Banned Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Thanks. So in your opinion (or experience?) Is removing this on the turbo...with 310 pounds of tq and awd...going to cause long term issues for drivetrain components? I postulate that it could, but I do not know for fact. It's not tuned in there for grins though, is my bet.
    I think/my opinion it has more to do with keeping the wheels from spinning and reducing torque steer. I've mentioned many times before, but with me 93 tune, I can trip TCS just by doing a 1-2 wot shift near redline (or even midrange sometimes)... and I wear 255's. Keep in mind the eco tires and skinny wheels these cars come with as well..
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #39
    Registered Member

    CX5 GT-R

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South-Central US
    Posts
    7,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I think/my opinion it has more to do with keeping the wheels from spinning and reducing torque steer. I've mentioned many times before, but with me 93 tune, I can trip TCS just by doing a 1-2 wot shift near redline (or even midrange sometimes)... and I wear 255's. Keep in mind the eco tires and skinny wheels these cars come with as well..
    Agreed. It does neuter the car on the hit though. Maybe a bit less intervention.

  10. #40
    Administrator Antoine's Avatar
    Founder


    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    14,344
    Blog Entries
    5
    It appears this thread has run its course...Please keep threads On Topic and do not insult your fellow Members or you may end up permanently banned from Mazdas247.

    Thread cleaned once again and now Closed.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. All about CX-5 longevity
    By buyingconstant7 in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-15-2015, 12:07 AM
  2. Engine longevity?
    By PR5speed in forum Protege5
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
  3. Longevity
    By mikey1981 in forum Mazda CX-7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 05:23 PM
  4. Turbo Install: fuel rail/fuel return/fmu
    By Matthew in forum Mazda How-To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 08:45 PM
  5. Longevity
    By clownphish in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •