Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can a good deal be had now vs the end of the month

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    The deal can be gotten from anywhere, email is your best friend...

The 10-12% I mention is from personal buying experiences, and from just simply knowing they can...

The number in general comes from data on the site that shows where folks have achieved this number, and basic numbers seems to be...

4-7% - everyone gets this
    7-10% - normally can be had from the 7% simply by saying you want it and being persistent
    10-12%- really good deal
    12-15%- GREAT deal, congrats
    15-18%-read everything, and Sign, what are you waiting for?
    18%+- You just stole the damn thing, hell yea, boy!

Stay the hell outta of the dealer lots. Do everything and have it in writing before you head down there...
    I always start with emails and don't set foot on a lot until a deal looks good. No need to travel all over the place until your price comes in.

Registered Member

Thanks for the great info. Does anyone have an effective email template I can use?

Registered Member

...and do I email the dealership's general inbox found on their website, or call and speak with a salesperson first and ask for their email?

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by berttino2 View Post
    ...and do I email the dealership's general inbox found on their website, or call and speak with a salesperson first and ask for their email?
    Most listings have contact via email option. Just say you are interested. They will reach out. Ask for a price.
    Ensure they have your color options - avoid giving your cell #. I gave to Vandergriff Nissan here. The guy is cold calling a year after my purchase.

Official Defender of Zamdatm

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    avoid giving your cell #..... The guy is cold calling a year after my purchase.
    They never quit. Too much idle time on their hands.

Registered Member

Thanks for the great info. Does anyone have an effective email template I can use?
    go to mazda website and search inventory. The dealers will be listed and a link to their website. From there just click on the contact link. I emailed 15 dealers and just a few made competitive quotes at first, but play them against each other and try to get down to 8-10% off MRSP + any rebates you are entitled to.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    go to mazda website and search inventory. The dealers will be listed and a link to their website. From there just click on the contact link. I emailed 15 dealers and just a few made competitive quotes at first, but play them against each other and try to get down to 8-10% off MRSP + any rebates you are entitled to.
    Wow, you can literally do this at home on the couch in your sponge bob undies eating some chips....not my current attire right now of course. I'm actually at work with a dress shirt and slacks with sponge bob undies though.

Registered Member

How's this for an email?

I*m shopping around for the best price on a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with the GT Premium Package with black exterior and interior and an MSRP of $34,115. Please provide a price excluding rebates and incentives, and with a breakdown of all fees. Also provide separately any rebates or incentives that are available.
    I have a high credit rating and will qualify for top-tier financing, and I intend to lease. I also currently own a CX-5 which qualifies me for the $750 loyalty incentive. Plus, I believe there is an additional incentive of $470 bringing the total to $1,220. The money factor should be .00001 and the residual at 58%.
    I prefer to correspond through email only, and would appreciate a prompt response if interested in providing an offer.

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

How's this for an email?

I*m shopping around for the best price on a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with the GT Premium Package with black exterior and interior and an MSRP of $34,115. Please provide a price excluding rebates and incentives, and with a breakdown of all fees. Also provide separately any rebates or incentives that are available.
    I have a high credit rating and will qualify for top-tier financing, and I intend to lease. I also currently own a CX-5 which qualifies me for the $750 loyalty incentive. Plus, I believe there is an additional incentive of $470 bringing the total to $1,220. The money factor should be .00001 and the residual at 58%.
    I prefer to correspond through email only, and would appreciate a prompt response if interested in providing an offer.
    I don*t bring up anything about how I*m buying it or leasing it. Let*s get to the best price first, and we*ll worry about the financing/paying cash whatever later...

Registered Member

Makes sense, that way they can't apply rebates and incentives and play with the price if they don't know what applies. Thanks!

Registered Member

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

Never bring up money on your end or even mention you have a trade, just get a price. Example: "I see you have a CX5 on your lot, numbner###. What's the best price you can give me not including incentives or rebates?" Sometimes they don't answer, go on to the next dealer...

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Never bring up money on your end or even mention you have a trade, just get a price. Example: "I see you have a CX5 on your lot, numbner###. What's the best price you can give me not including incentives or rebates?" Sometimes they don't answer, go on to the next dealer...
    Yep yep!

Registered Member

I live in NY and expanded my search to NJ. NY had a doc fee cap of $75 that every dealer charges. NJ has no cap on doc fees. One dealer quoted me $699 and the other $499. How can this vary so much between states?

2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

Don't use an email template. They don't read your email anyway. You put in there "I want a CX-5 Signature, Machine Gray...." And then they get back to you and either ask you what model you are looking for, or get it wrong.

Most dealer websites have some "Request a quote" link. Use that.

2012 CX-9 GT AWD, Copper Red/Sand

How's this for an email?

Again--they will ignore most of this. You are just wasting your time.

Makes sense, that way they can't apply rebates and incentives and play with the price if they don't know what applies. Thanks!
    They can, and they will.

Many dealers will quote you a price that includes all available incentives, even if you don't qualify for them. Read the fine print of any quote you get--carefully. I had a salesman do this sitting across the desk from me.

You can also go on TrueCar and that website will initiate a price quote from a handful of local dealers.
    Last edited by tex2670; 07-11-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast