Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Can a good deal be had now vs the end of the month

  1. #31
    Banned

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by berttino2 View Post
    I live in NY and expanded my search to NJ. NY had a doc fee cap of $75 that every dealer charges. NJ has no cap on doc fees. One dealer quoted me $699 and the other $499. How can this vary so much between states?
    Expand your search to the DC and Va area, and even Delaware. Try Brown*s and a few others...

  2. #32
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Expand your search to the DC and Va area, and even Delaware. Try Brown*s and a few others...
    VA sucks. They charge $699 doc fee. Unless those VA dealers are willing to budge, make sure you get an OTD quote in WRITING. I've been talking with MD dealers (I'm in MD) and they are not willing to budge either even when I got a competitive quote elsewhere. Playing the patience game. We'll see what happens as we get closer to the end of July.

  3. #33
    Registered Member

    MX5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Glendora
    Posts
    153
    Make it simple. What is your best price for this XXX? Like others mentioned, they are not reading those shit.

  4. #34
    Banned

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by gkim1005 View Post
    VA sucks. They charge $699 doc fee. Unless those VA dealers are willing to budge, make sure you get an OTD quote in WRITING. I've been talking with MD dealers (I'm in MD) and they are not willing to budge either even when I got a competitive quote elsewhere. Playing the patience game. We'll see what happens as we get closer to the end of July.
    I traveled 450 miles to Va and have gotten the biggest discount to date of anyone, anywhere (don't care, just sayin'), but yes, you're correct, their doc fees can be horrendous (mine was $599), but I made up for it on the selling price. Give a little, take a little, sometimes...

    If I bought right now, it would most likely be in North Carolina, and that is outta State for me too...
    Last edited by NelsonLewis; 07-11-2019 at 03:28 PM.

  5. #35
    Registered Member
    Donated: $15

    Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Ocala, FL
    Posts
    43
    One thing to consider is depreciation. In a few months your car will be a model year old.. Most cars depreciate 16 -20% in the 1st year. Is the discount enough to offset depreciation? Use this info when negotiating your deal.

  6. #36
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintrps View Post
    One thing to consider is depreciation. In a few months your car will be a model year old.. Most cars depreciate 16 -20% in the 1st year. Is the discount enough to offset depreciation? Use this info when negotiating your deal.
    Good point. I'm going to hold out as long as I can and tease the dealers by giving excuses like "I'm still undecided" or say something like "I'll continue looking for better quote" until they let up. Hopefully, I don't have to travel too far but I'm willing to drive 200 miles radius from where I'm at.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 04:14 PM
  2. Is this a good deal?
    By ourlee in forum CX-5 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
  3. Is this a good deal?
    By xitoxic in forum Protege5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
  4. good deal or bad deal?
    By mazdaspeedemon2 in forum Mazda Protege
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
  5. Is this a good deal?
    By flatfoot in forum Mazda5 Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 11:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •