June Sales - USA

Powertrain? Big deal. Schmowertrain. Raise your hand if you've ever replaced an engine or tranny in 5 years.

Have you ever owned a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth minivan?
Introduced in 1984, and had crappy transmissions from day one, and sadly, they're no better by 2019. Been there done that.

They need an electric option, No one wants to ROLL COAL!!!! anymore (unless your into that).

Shame, all the money put into a diesel engine when those funds into electric would have really been much more beneficial to future sales.

Mazda's 2018 Financial Statement notes that Mazda and Toyota entered into a Joint Venture Agreement in August 2017, partially to develop electric vehicle technology:

Specifically, the two companies agreed to establish a joint venture final assembly plant to produce vehicles in the United States, to jointly develop technologies for electric vehicles (EVs), to collaborate in the area of next-generation technologies, including connected technologies and advanced safety technologies, and to further complement each other*s product lineup.

There was no target date assigned to this. It's part of their Vision 2030 initiative.

Mazda's ads do suck. What does feel alive even mean? Look at the Subaru commercials. With the first shot they hook into the explorer crowd and second, hook into the longevity of their vehicles. 98% still on the road after 10 years. Very effective ads.

The sad part is that for the vast majority of people buying cars, driving does not matter. Heck, in the worlds largest car market, the actual experience of driving is meaningless. Nothing better then getting picked up at 23:50 in a Panamera and driving 100km at 50 km/hr on the finally empty road...

Mazda needs to hire a new ad company to come up with a new vision. If not, I think it might be as the new Scion brand for Toyota. Mazda on the low end and Lexus on the high end.

Mazda's ads do suck. What does feel alive even mean? Look at the Subaru commercials. With the first shot they hook into the explorer crowd and second, hook into the longevity of their vehicles. 98% still on the road after 10 years. Very effective ads.

The sad part is that for the vast majority of people buying cars, driving does not matter. Heck, in the worlds largest car market, the actual experience of driving is meaningless. Nothing better then getting picked up at 23:50 in a Panamera and driving 100km at 50 km/hr on the finally empty road...

Mazda needs to hire a new ad company to come up with a new vision. If not, I think it might be as the new Scion brand for Toyota. Mazda on the low end and Lexus on the high end.

I agree with everything you said.

There is nothing in their ads to get people into the showroom, including their lack of discounts/sales and financing deals. While most people don't care about "driving," they DO care about sales, even if it is a false proposition (meaning that prices are artificially inflated so they may be later "reduced"). I've posted marketing excerpts here from Mazda's most recent financial statements. They are getting even more esoteric, I'm afraid. "... resolve issues facing people, the earth, and society through the utilization of driving pleasure, which represents the fundamental appeal of the automobile." Oooh, you smooth talker ;)

I had to chuckle at your comment regarding a Panamera in suburbia. I recently moved from the Washington DC area. There is so much money in that market, high-end cars are the norm. The non-Autobahn speed limits notwithstanding, traffic rarely moves faster than 10 MPH anyway, except for the 2AM-5AM window. What a waste of engineering, resources and money.

They must all be here in Colorado. The amount of old Subarus you see on the road here is astonishing.

They must all be here in Colorado. The amount of old Subarus you see on the road here is astonishing.

Same in New England. It would be really interesting to see Mazda sales broke down by region. Anecdotally I have seen a good number of them around here, but mostly CRVs and Foresters.

Back