Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June Sales - USA

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow June Sales - USA

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Aren't a lot of Mazda dealers closely associated with or part of Ford dealerships? Mine is. That could have a lot to do with the lousy dealer experience.

And speaking of Ford, Mazda is no doubt still paying for the damage Ford did to its reputation for reliability.
    Can't blame bad reputation on reliability all to Ford. There's nothing to do with Ford on Mazda's rotary engine which carried bad reputation on reliability and fuel efficiency since it was in production. Ford had been getting shares of Mazda since 1974 which has everything to do with rotary engines which made Mazda almost bankrupted in 70's.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Can't blame bad reputation on reliability all to Ford. There's nothing to do with Ford on Mazda's rotary engine which carried bad reputation on reliability and fuel efficiency since it was in production. Ford had been getting shares of Mazda since 1974 which has everything to do with rotary engines which made Mazda almost bankrupted in 70's.
    True. I bet many people just think "weird" when they hear Mazda. Rotary what?

Mazda will never compete with luxury brands as long as it has the name Mazda.

Registered Member

*On order* UK Spec Mazda CX-5 Soul Red SportNav+ w/ Safety Pack

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    who goes to the dealer after they purchase
    except for warranty work?
    The experience when shopping for a new car is important as well.

When I was looking for a new car, I was looking at the Rav4 as well, the experience with my local Toyota sales team was awful, to the point that I did not go back there again and instead went to a dealer a lot further away. Deep down, it even put me slightly off the Rav4 all together, specially as my local Mazda had been great.

I think a lot of people would be put off buying a car altogether based on the the whole experience with the dealer.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    I don't know if the ads in the U.S. are different than here, but the Canadian ads are entirely forgettable.
    In the almost two years that I've owned my 6, I have never seen an ad for the car, ever.
    Not on TV, the web, posters, print media, nothing.
    It's like Mazda doesn't actually want to sell this car, or tell people that it exists, but yet it's still making them. Makes no sense.
    They're forgettable here too. When I was shopping for my cx-5 I started seeing some ads for those on my phone, and recall seeing one for the 3 on TV, but it's completely non engaging, and unless you pay attention right at the end, won't even know it was for mazda to begin with.

The last commercial I remember from mazda was when they first released the Mazda cx-5. I remember the ads for the sky active technology. I wanted one, then forgot about them a few years later when I needed a car. Only reason I got the cx-5 this time around, was that I kept looking on the road for a good looking crossover and the cx-5 caught my attention, and I looked more into it, took a test drive, and was sold.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Most people who aren't car people don't even know what a rotary engine is and will absolutely think of Mazda as "Ford owns them". My director still thought this as of a few months ago until I told him otherwise.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 83k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery
    Current status: Zoom Zoom BOOM

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soul View Post
    The experience when shopping for a new car is important as well.

When I was looking for a new car, I was looking at the Rav4 as well, the experience with my local Toyota sales team was awful, to the point that I did not go back there again and instead went to a dealer a lot further away. Deep down, it even put me slightly off the Rav4 all together, specially as my local Mazda had been great.

I think a lot of people would be put off buying a car altogether based on the the whole experience with the dealer.
    times have changed for most..I emailed 15 dealers and had the selling price before I even stepped on the lot. I went there for the paperwork and to pick up the vehicle. I didn't need to be "sold" by any salesperson at the dealership. There was no car buying experience, those days are long gone for me.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

who goes to the dealer after they purchase
    except for warranty work?
    Almost everyone actually.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Sales of Mazdas are down 40% in the worlds largest car market (China) as well. Granted, all auto sales are down ~20% in China but again, Mazda is being hit harder. In talking with the automotive guys (only people on business class flying to China!) Mazda's lack of a cutting edge infotainment system in their cars probably really hurts them. They implied that companies need to substantially update their systems every year just to stay competitive. And we know Mazda is focused on the driving experience and not their technology....
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

*On order* UK Spec Mazda CX-5 Soul Red SportNav+ w/ Safety Pack

times have changed for most..I emailed 15 dealers and had the selling price before I even stepped on the lot. I went there for the paperwork and to pick up the vehicle. I didn't need to be "sold" by any salesperson at the dealership. There was no car buying experience, those days are long gone for me.
    Same thing for me, I used one of those sites which you enter the details of the car you want and dealers will send you offers.

But many of your average buyers wonít use this sites and will still just walk into their nearest dealership. And I still wanted to go see the car before even talking about prices, and thatís where your local dealership comes in handy.

Lucky for me, my local Mazda not only offered a good experience altogether, but they also matched the best offer that I had.

Registered Member

Mazda, CX-5 Touring 2018

Question Hope Mazda stands up over time like our Subaru's have

We never sat in a Mazda until our daughter asked us to join her at a dealership visit for her first new car. The outcome was we were impressed with the CX-5. Several months later we waited for an end of year Dec 31 dealer visit and got a new 2018 for the same price we had negotiated for a leftover 2017. A year and a half later and we are now retiring a Subaru 1999 to add a second CX-5. Hope the cars stand up over time like our Subarus have for years.

Registered Member

I agree the advertising stinks and the "Feel Alive" campaign has not added much in fact by sales numbers it looks like a failure.

I still watch TV, one thing I see is tons of local dealers advertising their Nissans, Jeeps, Fords etc. All with catchy loss leaders for instance (lease a new Honda Civic for $61 per month) real ad.

I cannot remember the last time ive seen a local Mazda dealer with an ad and a catchy price point.

Mazda needs to drive home the point about how great their cars are, keep referencing the awards the positive reviews....they need to advertise with their accolades and what they've accomplished.....brag about how much better they are in commercials.

Maybe they feel the YouTube reviews do that for them?

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by velocityc6 View Post
    i agree the advertising stinks and the "feel alive" campaign has not added much in fact by sales numbers it looks like a failure.

I still watch tv, one thing i see is tons of local dealers advertising their nissans, jeeps, fords etc. All with catchy loss leaders for instance (lease a new honda civic for $61 per month) real ad.

I cannot remember the last time ive seen a local mazda dealer with an ad and a catchy price point.

Mazda needs to drive home the point about how great their cars are, keep referencing the awards the positive reviews....they need to advertise with their accolades and what they've accomplished.....brag about how much better they are in commercials.

Maybe they feel the youtube reviews do that for them?
    bingo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Almost everyone actually.
    Never have, never will...

Banned

Smart man!

Registered Member

Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Also, as someone else stated and I have several times before, their advertising sucks. The Feel Alive commercials are meh at best, and I've never seen or heard a commercial for Mazda mentioning pricing, much less discounts.
    I can't recall seeing a Mazda ad but if I did it did not implant in my memory. I came across the CX5 by going to youtube and watching reviews on crossovers. What stood out were the reviews claiming the CX5 had better power delivery where others in the class slacked behind. After doing a test drive of the '19 Rouge with it's sluggish pedal we went to a Mazda dealership to try the non-turbo and turbo version. That sold us on the GTR model. Since we have some time before we buy, we're waiting to see what the 2020s offer up. I'd love updated infotainment and the option for a panoramic sunroof.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast