Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: June Sales - USA

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Mazda wasn't on my shopping list until someone mentioned it and then I actually checked one out and was immediately sold on it.

Agree the advertisements suck. And Nelson, you aren't wrong about those "20% discounts", how else is the craptacular Nissan Rogue still selling in droves? In my opinion, Mazda is still going after a niche market, just a different niche than it used to be in the Zoom Zoom days, but niche nonetheless. I'm not the least bit surprised sales still suck.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 83k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery
    Current status: Zoom Zoom BOOM

Banned

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Mazda wasn't on my shopping list until someone mentioned it and then I actually checked one out and was immediately sold on it.

Agree the advertisements suck. And Nelson, you aren't wrong about those "20% discounts", how else is the craptacular Nissan Rogue still selling in droves? In my opinion, Mazda is still going after a niche market, just a different niche than it used to be in the Zoom Zoom days, but niche nonetheless. I'm not the least bit surprised sales still suck.
    Not surprised either, honestly...

Hey, I wouldn*t buy a new Nissan (although the straight 6 in an old Z car I had was one of the best engines ever made), but the advertisements simply work, period. The average buyers eat it up, and they far outnumber the premium and niche ones...

Switching to premium is great and all, but Colorado is right, one niche to the other does nothing for numbers. Maybe in the long run things will get going and Feel Alive...

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Not to mention how much I think Mazda is totally missing the mark with some things. Like releasing a diesel CX-5, which I get people want, but let's talk about that $41k MSRP. Ludicrous and I doubt will get much of any sales on that. I can't think of anyone who associates diesel with a luxury feature warranting that sort of cost/trim. I'm thinking it's going to fail hard.

Just an example I think of the overall ineptitude of Mazda or Mazda NAO, or whoever. Mazda currently has a confused image where they want to be one thing, probably want to market more broadly, but is failing in that regard, but at the same time either releasing things people don't want, not releasing things people do want, or what have you. Meanwhile they want to "Feel alive", I still get a "Zoom Zoom" magazine in the mail once in a while. Confused...
    Last edited by ColoradoDriver; 07-09-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Banned

Not to mention how much I think Mazda is totally missing the mark with some things. Like releasing a diesel CX-5, which I get people want, but let's talk about that $41k MSRP. Ludicrous and I doubt will get much of any sales on that. I can't think of anyone who associates diesel with a luxury feature warranting that sort of cost/trim. I'm thinking it's going to fail hard.

Just an example I think of the overall ineptitude of Mazda or Mazda NAO, or whoever. Mazda currently has a confused image where they want to be one thing, probably want to market more broadly, but is failing in that regard, but at the same time either releasing things people don't want, not releasing things people do want, or what have you. Meanwhile they want to "Feel alive", I still get a "Zoom Zoom" magazine in the mail once in a while. Confused...
    Bingo, I laugh every time it comes and the cover always reads, "Zoom Zoom". I giggle and say, "I wish!". Confused, for sure...

I'm sticking to what I said about the diesel some 2-3 years ago, and that is it is dead before it even arrives. Flame me some more, I don't care, wasting money on that thing doesn't help numbers, either, hell when it too falls on it's ass and doesn't sell, it may really hurt them more than they know. They'll probably still sell it in America, along with the CX-3 anyways...

Registered Member banjos-n-beer's Avatar

2014 QX70 AWD

Luxury brands donít have 20% off commercials. But like Nelson stated, at least state a lease price or starting at figure.

Iím okay with Mazda moving upmarket, but outside of the automobile enthusiast crowd no one really knows thatís what theyíre doing.

They need a rebranding effort ASAP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by banjos-n-beer View Post
    Luxury brands don*t have 20% off commercials. But like Nelson stated, at least state a lease price or starting at figure.

I*m okay with Mazda moving upmarket, but outside of the automobile enthusiast crowd no one really knows that*s what they*re doing.

Totally.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Luxury brands donít have 20% off commercials. But like Nelson stated, at least state a lease price or starting at figure.

Iím okay with Mazda moving upmarket, but outside of the automobile enthusiast crowd no one really knows thatís what theyíre doing.

I agree with you. I don't expect 20% off a Mazda. But the market doesn't know who a Mazda is for. It's a confused image right now, and totally agree they need a rebranding.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Banned

I don't expect 20% off a Mazda.
    I'm the only one that gets that!

I don't expect it, either, especially a commercial for it, so for further clarification, at least list a cheap lease for like $149/month on a 3 and $229-$249 on a CX-5, and maybe a base price. Even if some of it is a gimmick, I guess... Shit, even announcing Customer Cash is more than they do now. Just say, "We are having a sale!" Something is better than nothing at all...

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ceric View Post
    I am fine with Mazda going more Luxurious than Honda/Toyota.
    They improved the products, but they forgot about the dealership experiences.
    People who own Lexus know what that means.
    From my experience, Mazda dealers are NOT above Toyota/Honda.
    Not to mention that, most people still believe the latter have better overall reliability.

My two cents.
    Aren't a lot of Mazda dealers closely associated with or part of Ford dealerships? Mine is. That could have a lot to do with the lousy dealer experience.

And speaking of Ford, Mazda is no doubt still paying for the damage Ford did to its reputation for reliability.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by shadonoz View Post
    Aren't a lot of Mazda dealers closely associated with or part of Ford dealerships? Mine is. That could have a lot to do with the lousy dealer experience.

And speaking of Ford, Mazda is no doubt still paying for the damage Ford did to its reputation for reliability.
    All the Mazda dealers around here aren't at all associated with Ford.

I do agree that I had that mentality about Mazda reliability before I bought mine.

Registered Member

Not to mention that, most people still believe the latter have better overall reliability.

My two cents.
    who goes to the dealer after they purchase
    except for warranty work?

They aren't even great commercials!
    But way better then Feel Alive....

https://youtu.be/uwpLDhmleF8

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

My two cents.
    I agree completely that Mazda needs to focus on improving the dealership experience, and the Sales Manager at the dealership I used said as much. My CX-5 purchasing experience was the worst I've had in many years. Coming from a history of BMW, Saab, Lexus, Audi, and Mercedes-Benz, I am convinced that the CX-5 is comparable to those brands in many ways, and a much better value. But I think that many buyers of those brands will not be satisfied with the type of treatment they typically receive at the more mainstream dealerships. It seems to me that once a company gets their products right, as Mazda appears to have done, the tuning of the customer experience should be relatively easy.

I also agree that Mazda's advertising is weak, at best.
    2019 CX-5 Signature - Snowflake White Pearl Mica

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow June Sales - USA

Remember Amati Cars? Amati was a luxury marque planned by Mazda in early 1992. It was to begin selling in late 1993, competing with Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus in the US. However, Amati had never materialized to sell any cars here.

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post

I also agree that Mazda's advertising is weak, at best.
    I don't know if the ads in the U.S. are different than here, but the Canadian ads are entirely forgettable.
    In the almost two years that I've owned my 6, I have never seen an ad for the car, ever.
    Not on TV, the web, posters, print media, nothing.
    It's like Mazda doesn't actually want to sell this car, or tell people that it exists, but yet it's still making them. Makes no sense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast