2017~2024 2019 CX-5 Touring Custom Subwoofer install HELP!

Hi everyone,

I am looking to install an aftermarket amplifier + subwoofer in my 2019 CX-5 Touring, does anyone know where I can get documentation on how to tap into the infotainment system... (wiring diagram / pinout)?

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

I am looking to install an aftermarket amplifier + subwoofer in my 2019 CX-5 Touring, does anyone know where I can get documentation on how to tap into the infotainment system... (wiring diagram / pinout)?

Cheers!

This is for a non-Bose system right?

I believe you need an Amplifier Integration Interface. Check out this thread for related info.

My understanding is the Interface is plugged in line after the TAU (Tuner Amp Unit), then use the pre-out (RCA) from the Interface to hook up your aftermarket amplifier. The connection goes Head Unit -> TAU -> Interface -> speaker harness.

Check out this thread for some information on the TAU. I'm not certain, but if I had to guess, the TAU in the 2019 is in the same location as the 2018s; next to glove box on right kick panel.

Last edited:
Active subwoofer

Hello, i am living in Europe.
In the Netherlands, near the German border.
I am also in the German CX-5forum.de
There is a good how to on this site.

See the attachment, is only in German.

Good luck, Karl

Attachments

• Einbau eines aktiven Subwoovers in den CX5 II KF.pdf
    565.7 KB · Views: 785
This is for a non-Bose system right?

I believe you need an Amplifier Integration Interface. Check out this thread for related info.

My understanding is the Interface is plugged in line after the TAU (Tuner Amp Unit), then use the pre-out (RCA) from the Interface to hook up your aftermarket amplifier. The connection goes Head Unit -> TAU -> Interface -> speaker harness.

Check out this thread for some information on the TAU. I'm not certain, but if I had to guess, the TAU in the 2019 is in the same location as the 2018s; next to glove box on right kick panel.

Thanks for the help buddy, I will look into it. Was hoping to find something on YouTube but had no luck so far... Who knows, maybe I'll be the one posting a "how to" video

Hello, i am living in Europe.
In the Netherlands, near the German border.
I am also in the German CX-5forum.de
There is a good how to on this site.

See the attachment, is only in German.

Good luck, Karl

Thanks for replying Karl, I will look it up, every little bit of info I can get really helps :D

Thanks for the help buddy, I will look into it. Was hoping to find something on YouTube but had no luck so far... Who knows, maybe I'll be the one posting a "how to" video

Sorry I couldn't be of more help (re: videos/how to), but the process should be very straight forward if you have some "DIY/handy-person" drive in you. I've installed amps/subs on cars before, just not on a CX5, and it's not difficult. Let me know if you have any general questions.

Back