Maps

:
2021 Acura RDX
Has anyone on here updates the recent June map update? I am going to give it a try (first time ever). Did you encounter any issues at all?

Also, will the update change the user interface at all?

Thanks!

Why do you launch the navigation PRIOR to pulling the SD card and updating the maps? I don't need to keep the car running, do I? Do I want to go to the Navi screen, then remove the SD Card?

Thanks!

I have not updated yet, but I doubt any change to UI. Maps are map files, and I have never seen a change before. I have not launched Nav before pulling the card, and i never cared what screen i was on. Just walk into garage, pull SD card (car is off), update maps, pop back in card, start car, notice maps still look like 2001 nav device.

I have not updated yet, but I doubt any change to UI. Maps are map files, and I have never seen a change before. I have not launched Nav before pulling the card, and i never cared what screen i was on. Just walk into garage, pull SD card (car is off), update maps, pop back in card, start car, notice maps still look like 2001 nav device.

This is what I did a couple of days ago. Did it do anything, hell if I know, as stated above, still looks like something from 20 years ago...

Has anyone on here updates the recent June map update? I am going to give it a try (first time ever). Did you encounter any issues at all?

Also, will the update change the user interface at all?

Thanks!

I've done the update several times.
If you don't yet have the Mazda Toolbox; download here: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/navigation-updatemymaps?language=en-US
The map download from the Mazda Toolbox is slow (even with my gigabit Internet connection), but no issues.
I strongly recommend that you accept the "backup" option when it's offered "just in case" (though I've never had an issue).
The UI is NOT changed by the update

Why do you launch the navigation PRIOR to pulling the SD card and updating the maps? I don't need to keep the car running, do I? Do I want to go to the Navi screen, then remove the SD Card?

Thanks!

Where did this come from???
DO NOT dismount the SD card when the car is running or on ACC.
Updating the infotainment firmware requires the car infotainment system to have power, not the maps on the SD card.

Make certain the car is off, then remove the SD card and insert it in your computer.
Launch the Mazda Toolbox, log in or create an account and then log in; and follow the onscreen directions.
Again, the download is slow, so make certain you have at least a half-hour to complete the entire process.

The update didn't work for me. I downloaded it and my SD card is not being recognized by the navigation system. I get a pop-up that says my car isn't equipped with navigation even though I've had it since June 2017, when I purchased it new.

I used the tool box to analyze my SD card and found that each file has a notation next to it that says "Signature: Invalid". I spoke with the dealership and they said they've never seen that and have no idea of how to correct the problem short of spending $400+ to analyze the system or $399 for a new SD card.

Mazda Connect couldn't help either. They just told me to go to my dealership.

Until I find out more about this problem I would suggest avoiding the new update!!!!!

Back