2018 Cx9 turbo oil change

I did mine at 5500 just out of precaution (1st change was free anyway). What I also wanted to ask was:

1. Anyone else get a Low Oil light at about a 6k mile interval? Mine did before the oil change was due and after checking, the oil line was hovering by the bottom hole on the dip stick. I topped it off (.5 qt) and scheduled a service visit. Which brings me to..

Point #2. I got the car back after the change and checked it there. It was waayy over the top hole by about 1/4 inch. They said that was normal, but they were kind and refilled it. Same thing when I got it back the 2nd time. I asked how much they put in and the actual tech came out and said the the book calls for 6 qts. I showed them the manual which says 5.1 including the filter. She seemed shocked but changed it a 3rd time per my request and all was good on the last reading. Am I being too paranoid about the fill level? Do I need to babysit all the dealers repairs and service?

You did the right thing. And yes, you do need to babysit the dealer, regardless of the manufacturer or the reputation of the shop. If they ever give you grief about it, cite this experience, and they should understand. This kind of crap happens everywhere, and it's what led me to start doing as much of the maintenance as I could in my own garage, with my own hands.

I have to agree on this; with dealers 'trust but verify'. My CX-9 delivery prep failed to top off the washer fluid and the tires were over inflated by 20# each and they couldn't even manage to put on the locking lug nuts. Doesn't fill me with confidence on any future service they are going to perform for me if they couldn't even do these trivial things right.

Latest posts

Back