Cheap oil filter end-cap wrench set that has one that fits the Thailand filer

Cheap oil filter end-cap wrench set that has one that fits the Thailand filter

Strange that when I click the link titled CTA Tools A255 Cap-Type Oil Filter Wrench I go to Walmart instead of Amazon and listing has a picture of a 7/8" socket instead of the filter wrench. The description is correct, but that doesn't give me high confidence to order from them.
Yeah, that's really weird. Here's the Amazon link for CTA Tools A255 Cap-Type Oil Filter Wrench - 65mm/67mm x 14 Flute:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)[/URL]

Yeah, I think I just came to the same conclusion, got this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Several cars, plus mowers and tractor. I don't like looking for tools - especially amongst ones that look similar.

Thanks for this link. It is actually the one I own and the best design of the universal ratcheting type. Mine is so old I had forgotten it is a lisle tool. This one expands to fit around the filter so it is already snug before you apply some torque with your ratchet.
No disrespect to those with a drawer full of the pliers type or canister end cap type of tools. Pliers are great if you have room and the end cap is great if the oil filter is not too tight. If you want to save time and money skip them and follow the amazon link (not my initial link) and get an oil filter tool that will work for *nearly* every situation.

Thanks for this link. It is actually the one I own and the best design of the universal ratcheting type. Mine is so old I had forgotten it is a lisle tool. This one expands to fit around the filter so it is already snug before you apply some torque with your ratchet.
No disrespect to those with a drawer full of the pliers type or canister end cap type of tools. Pliers are great if you have room and the end cap is great if the oil filter is not too tight. If you want to save time and money skip them and follow the amazon link (not my initial link) and get an oil filter tool that will work for *nearly* every situation.

Glad to hear the endorsement. I liked the way it looked like it would hug the can a little better than the 3-pronged ones. I had considered a 3-pronger that is magnetized, but liked this wrap around and 4.5 star rating.

Cheap oil filter end-cap wrench set that has one that fits the Thailand filter

Glad to hear the endorsement. I liked the way it looked like it would hug the can a little better than the 3-pronged ones. I had considered a 3-pronger that is magnetized, but liked this wrap around and 4.5 star rating.
Since I keep my car as long as I can, a proper sized oil filter cap wrench will be good to use for many years. If I ever need different sized oil filter wrench, this Lisle 63600 oil filter wrench you and others such as tomcat1446 and davmac recommended would be the one I'm going to get.

Also, I used Lisle 63600 oil filter tool, highly recommend this, it's idiot proof, only works one way (allows you to loosen only, when installing new filter, hand tighten only don't use wrench) https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
2aj7xw9.jpg

Back