mazda cx7? for 2020...

Could be the FMC CX8, and renamed to CX7.
Mazda has a joint factory with Toyota to build this CUV in USA.
It is to slot between CX5 and CX9 (guess what, CX7?).
In China and Japan, Mazda sells CX8 which has dimensions between CX5 and CX9.
Time will tell, indeed.

Could be the FMC CX8, and renamed to CX7.
Mazda has a joint factory with Toyota to build this CUV in USA.
It is to slot between CX5 and CX9 (guess what, CX7?).
In China and Japan, Mazda sells CX8 which has dimensions between CX5 and CX9.
Time will tell, indeed.

What is the point of another 7 seater SUV - especially if it is smaller! The CX-7 should be a slightly larger 5 seater with only the 2.5T engine (or larger!).

They may just be doing it because. Remember how the diesel was listed? Lolz
Supposedly we get it in all of its amazing 5k upcharge glory later this year.

I don't think CX7 or CX8 in US will have 3-rows of seats.
As you said, it would likely just be a bigger CX5 with more cargo space.

Being that the CX-5 has excellent driver dynamics but could use just a smidge more interior space, the CX-9 can't really fit in our garage due to my tool cart....a CX-7 could be the perfect candidate for our new car in 2021.

I also look for a new or slightly stretched CX5/7. A couple of more inches of elbow room and six inches in the cargo area would be just right for me. I'm targeting 2021/22 for my next possible MAZDA. Ed

I also look for a new or slightly stretched CX5/7. A couple of more inches of elbow room and six inches in the cargo area would be just right for me. I'm targeting 2021/22 for my next possible MAZDA. Ed

It should be about perfect timing for me too on opting for a new one...

I*d rather have the leg/baby seat room in the back seat more than the cargo, but would assume a little of both would be gained...Definitely don*t forget going a tad wider.

You won*t find any CX-5 diesels Stateside, either...

The Bama plant has said to bring a CX-7 type that shares a platform with a Toyota in 2021, though...

It only shows 2020 production, not 2019 for the 6 diesel. So that*s probably right.

I don*t think they*ll bring back the CX-7 name. Based on this weeks news that they trademarked a bunch of double-digit CX names, I*m guessing the CX-30 marks the beginning of their plans to phase out CX-3/5/9 and use CX-30/50/70/90 as the new models or new generations are available.

I don*t think they*ll bring back the CX-7 name. Based on this weeks news that they trademarked a bunch of double-digit CX names, I*m guessing the CX-30 marks the beginning of their plans to phase out CX-3/5/9 and use CX-30/50/70/90 as the new models or new generations are available.

I concur. I look forward to the upgraded 10 digit variants, especially a CX-7 successor.

Back