Mazda Maintenance Guide: Brake Fluid Exchange, AT Fluid, PS Fluid - none for US?

:
mazda
The manual has no maintenance for:
- Brake Fluid Exchange
- AT Fluid
- PS Fluid

Yet both my AT and PS fluid are blackish at 90k - dealer had to flush the Tranny twice to get the color right!

Do u guys have a recommendation for those three - how often should I do?

Roast me if you want, but out of all the cars I've had over all the decades. I have never changed PS fluid. The last issue I've had with a PS steering pump was a blown hose in a '67 Cougar (pump was fine). Never had a pump fail yet and I keep cars 10 years or more. Current ride is going on 18.

I would do brake fluid every two years, only because it sucks moisture out of the air, which cause the temperature sensitivity to go out of whack.

AT fluid should be a 50-60k miles change, depending on use. If you tow anything, or drive a lot of city traffic, I wouldn't go longer than 50k.

The manual has no maintenance for:
- Brake Fluid Exchange
- AT Fluid
- PS Fluid
Yet both my AT and PS fluid are blackish at 90k - dealer had to flush the Tranny twice to get the color right!

Do u guys have a recommendation for those three - how often should I do?

They are "life time" fluids. So for the life of the tranny you don't needs to change fluid.
The life of the tranny might be short because you did not change fluid, but the fluid will last the life time of the tranny. (loser)

Here is a review on Edmunds
" Simply built to last. I bought my 2013 Mazda5 Sport used in November 2013 with 6K miles on it. I drive 350 miles per day doing a delivery route. I now have 306K miles and had absolutely no problems. I replace the oil every 5K, transmission fluid 60K, brake fluid 60K, coolant 90K, PS fluid 90K, plugs 90K, and fuel induction cleaning 90K. Original engine and transmission run great. I still average 29.2 mpg making 15 stops along my 350 mile route. The car is rated at 28 mpg highway. I will buy another one if the ever gives up. "

Need Advice:
When I bought the car 5yrs ago with 85k (might haven been 80k), I had it flushed at the dealer since it was blackish (tranny). They had to do it twice to get the color right.

It was mostly driven on freeway and during the pandemic it was purely driven to exercise the car. Now it is being driven and has 106k

Checked the tranny fluid and it is very clean - level is getting closer to the lower mark.

Originally was going to drain and fill at 60k/5yr mark - it has only done 20k or 25k.

Should I proceed with it this year or next year?
Should I use Mazda fluid? How many gallons needed for drain and fill?

Back