Possible to Retrofit Brake Auto Hold Function on 2016.5 CX-5?

devo1255

:
2016.5 CX5 GT w Tech-Titanium Fla, 2005 Mazda 3 GS - Carbon Grey
Does anyone know if you can easily retrofit the 2016.5 CX-5's that had the simple electronic parking brake module with that of the module that includes the Brake Auto Hold feature?

The modules seem to be interchangeable and the back connector also seems to be the same between the two. Has anyone tried this? Having the Auto Hold feature would be a welcome feature for my car as I've driven the later model Mazda's which have the feature and loved it.

16jlgro.jpg

I seem to have the same CX that you do. My car has some sort of auto brake hold. On hills and inclines the brake will keep the car from rolling backwards.

Yes, our cars have something called Hill Start Assist which activates automatically on inclines.

The auto hold feature is different in that it allows you to remove your foot from the brake pedal when completely stopped, regardless of incline. It keeps your brake lights on as well, until you step on the gas pedal.

I tried my auto hold a couple of times to see if it worked, but for me it's not useful. You have a lot more control with the brake pedal, for example at a stop light you can roll closer by letting your foot off the brake. To roll with auto hold you have to give it gas and then hit the brake.

What you're looking at is just a switch. Not a control module.

Auto hold comes with stop and go support in the adaptive cruise control. There's additional sensors and different configurations / computers / wiring / programming. Maybe even a different brake master cylinder, though I don't know that for certain.

Without an extremely in-depth knowledge of the car, it's computers and programming and likely access to some specialized tools I don't think it's worth trying to do.

It is a pleasant feature under the right circumstances. Driver preference really. I use it quite often myself, especially when in the car for a longer period of time.

You know what? I like auto hold after all. I used it extensively today. While it is activated, I can stop the car and not have it hold by not pressing hard on the brake. So I can roll by letting off the brake, just like normal. Then if I want to brake hold, I press the brake a little harder and have brake hold kick in. And a green light that says hold lights up on the dash.

You know what? I like auto hold after all. I used it extensively today. While it is activated, I can stop the car and not have it hold by not pressing hard on the brake. So I can roll by letting off the brake, just like normal. Then if I want to brake hold, I press the brake a little harder and have brake hold kick in. And a green light that says hold lights up on the dash.

yup...has 2 different settings with the way you press the brakes! i like it...but sometimes forget to activate it..haha

I have a 2015 Touring Cx5 and don't have auto hold but on a red light if you activate your emergency brake when you hit the gas pedal the emergency brake automatically get disable. So maybe is posible to add auto hold easily.

Latest posts

Back