Lessees: how much is your rent charge?

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Curious about what other lessees had to pay for their rent charge.

I want to determine how unusual my seemingly ultra low rent charge might be: $17.64 total for 3 years on $28437 cap cost [$0.49/mo].

That works out to a money factor of 0.00001, APR 0.024%.

Did I score, or is that not so unusual after all?

Anyone?

Last edited:
Until now at least, MF on leases in Q4 from chase on the cx5 was near 0.00000x
It seems to match the time for release of next year models. Thus the low rent charge. Think of it as kind of incentive.
As mentioned in the other thread mine is very simillar to yours, took over Oct.2018.

It*s the norm...

Never leased a car before, but I almost wished I would*ve with the CX-5. No harm done in the long run for me regardless, just sayin*...

I used to lease all the time. But the previous ones were back in 94-02. I found a few of those lease agreements, and I was shocked by how much the leases cost back then. Or maybe I was just a lousy negotiator or had bad timing or didn't understand how I was paying too much. Or maybe money was just much more expensive then.

But if leasing can now be so inexpensive, it seems like anyone who can meet the mileage reqs should at least consider it. The money is almost free.

Not all car leases are that good
Some have high rent charge, others have worse residuals, etc. There are cars which lease good and also there are periods of the year where some finance companies give good rates. etc.
Mazda for example does not have good rebates vs some of the american ones like ford, chrysler. etc.

But its a good way to find if you like a car and see how well it holds first 3 years without owning it and also allows driving(lease) a bit more expensive car than one can afford to buy.

Back