2010 cx9 valve cover seals

Cesnep

Ok, had to do the water pump because the bearings went out. Thought the engine would be toast but it turned out just fine. I've got an oil leak though and figured out that its coming from the seals around the vvt solenoids. They're new, they just don't seem tight enough. Anyone else experience this? All the seals look the same, are there two smaller than the spark plug tube seals?

I answered my own question. When I did the valve covers, I noticed I tore one, trying to get over the spark plug tube. Don't know what I was thinking, I didn't check to see if it would fit the VCT. I thought they were the same as a spark plug tube seals. I've emailed felpro gaskets to let them know what happened, because they really should have those separated, or at least some instructions, so people know.

Good to know. I am currently playing the water pump Russian roulette game on my 2008. Was going to do it this year but too much going on and will try for next year. Where on the motor did you notice the issue with the seal leak?

Good to know. I am currently playing the water pump Russian roulette game on my 2008. Was going to do it this year but too much going on and will try for next year. Where on the motor did you notice the issue with the seal leak?

FYI, I provided a picture of the leak location around the VVT solenoid at the end of step #56 in the instructions found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjma0fz8...ja?dl=0&preview=Mazda+2008+CX9+Water+Pump.pdf

The yellow is the fluorescent dye I used to spot the leak.

Back