Removing Bug Guts & cleaning your dash / leather trim

:
2019 CX-5 Signature Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Hey all,

I'm wondering what products you use to clean off caked-on bug guts off of painted surfaces, as well as what you use to spiff up and clean the dash and leather trim on the doors ('19 Signature here).

Thanks!

Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover, 303 Aerospace Protectant for Plastic, Vinyl & Rubber, 303 Leather and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner

I second the 303 Aerospace Protectant suggestion above. I've been using it for years on boat and car interiors.

Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover, 303 Aerospace Protectant for Plastic, Vinyl & Rubber, 303 Leather and Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner

Thanks for the info! Will check it out.
For the dash, do you use the 303 Leather & Vinyl or the 303 Aerospace/Protectant? From reading the product info, it looks like either would be ok but wanted your personal input.

Thanks

Thanks for the info! Will check it out.
For the dash, do you use the 303 Leather & Vinyl or the 303 Aerospace/Protectant? From reading the product info, it looks like either would be ok but wanted your personal input.

Thanks

If it were me, I'd do 303 Protectant on everything but the steering wheel. 303 Leather & Vinyl for the steering wheel.

Hey all,

I'm wondering what products you use to clean off caked-on bug guts off of painted surfaces, as well as what you use to spiff up and clean the dash and leather trim on the doors ('19 Signature here).

Thanks!
I've used a dryer sheet for the bugs. Worked great.

I use Meguiars ultimate liquid wax, not the spray or paste. It's rated as the best wax. Love bugs wipe off easy with one squirt from a water bottle and rag. Also after a rain the water beads up small bubbles and blows dry quickly. I love this wax.

Try washing the bugs first. The next step would be a purpose designed bug remover - Sonax is a higher end brand, used by luxury car owners (which may or may not mean it is better). It is not expensive so I bought some.

For leather, the same luxo-people tend to favor Harleys or Leatherique.

The Meguiars Ultimate is their best 'wax' product. I like all their stuff.

But you have to be careful about what is "best" - Consumer Reports does testing, but does not test all products.

For any test, you have to consider the methodology used - including the climate (sunny vs. rain, foggy etc.) and whether an adequate sample size was used to yield valid results.

Back