Roof rack side rails

Can these things be added later on? Or do you have to get them when the vehicle is manufactured?

And... are they really a good way to mount holders for bikes, boxes, etc. or od yo get some clips form Yakima?

"Can these things be added later on? Or do you have to get them when the vehicle is manufactured?" <=== You can add them whenever you like. It's an easy install.

And... are they really a good way to mount holders for bikes, boxes, etc. or od yo get some clips form Yakima? <=== Lots of options for mounting stuff and not just from Yakima.

Just FYI.... I also ordered from Mazdaswag, but afterwards, I found them on eBay from a seller that I purchased many OEM parts for my Miata. I am not affiliated with him in any way, just trying to pass on a good prices to you guys. His seller name is chrysler-w. He has almost 14000 feedbacks and a 100% seller rating. Real nice guy and he ships quickly and they have all been OEM parts in the packages with all the hardware. He has 2 sets of OEM roof side rails for $245 shipped. I talked to him once and he said he buys either discontinued parts, or parts from dealerships that are going out of business, and bids on "lots" of parts from dealerships. If anyone is interested here's a link to the roof rails. When I looked up the part # on his picture it shows K123-V3-830 OEM Mazda Roof Rack Side Rails Mc I don't know what the different part number means, I will have to look into that, and all the dealerships show Mc after the description.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
You don't need to get clips, but you'll likely need crossbars for carrying stuff.

cx5-siderail-crossbar-build-price.jpg

Any bike mounts, cargo boxes, etc I've seen attach to the crossbars. Roof rails provide the mounting point for those crossbars.

Last edited:
Back