Introduce myself

Mazdrik

Good day friends

I am a proud owner of a 2013 Mazda5, in our country the version is called the individual. It has leather seats, cruise control, climate control and powered sliding doors. It's a bit of a unicorn, as it has only 33000 km on (20k miles I guess)

It is my first newish car in 30 years, so I must admit, this thing is like a palace on wheels to me.
MyMazda.jpg

welcome, this place is quite dead

I feel like Mazda 5 owners are not into mods, mostly stick kinds into the car and drive to school....
Also the car is reliable enough that not much being posted with issues, unlike Ford forums :)
Perhaps I'm wrong? Is there a more "live" Mazda 5 forum?

Welcome

What country are you in ?

If yours is a high trim level, why no side skirts?

surprisingly, in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China have a lot of Mazda 5 members. A lot of them with nicely modded 5. There are a couple owners in town with big rims, big brake kit, slammed, some others work on their own cars with no garage (apartment parking).

Hello! Good looking 5 you have there.

surprisingly, in Hong Kong, Taiwan and China have a lot of Mazda 5 members. A lot of them with nicely modded 5. There are a couple owners in town with big rims, big brake kit, slammed, some others work on their own cars with no garage (apartment parking).

I do plan on modding my 5 over time. I've spent a decent amount of time in your build thread. I like your 5 a lot. I want to do suspension, but the stock stuff is stiff perfect, so I'm putting that off. I will probably do the K-style body kit. I was going to get a dyno comparison of stock versus MazdaEdit tune. However, my tuner kept being utterly flaky and just a generally poor service provider, so I'm no longer going to give him the business.
So far I've done wheels, roof rack, floor mats and a dash camera. The camera and wheels were the only mods really worth posting about. So thats where I'm at.

Promised my family to leave the car is stock form, but seem like it didn't happen. First, the stock shocks went out, swapped with TEIN SA, then this and that and this and that. It was fun to DIY but not quite motivated by the weather here and parking spot is not great to work on cars. Once you mod something, then your next excuse will be chained.

My 5 is all about DIY and cheap parts from China.

Hey, welcome. I don't think there's a more active 5 forum anywhere- it's not a car that really encourages modding. Typical problem areas that draw people to M247 are the front brakes and rear shocks, although those issues were somewhat addressed going into the second generation car that you have.

Latest posts

Back