How wide can I go in back?

Car is a 19 touring awd. I dont really want to go much wider than stock, but found a set of wheels that might fit and are almost too cool to pass up. Im sure the front wheels would fit no problem with 225 or 235mm tires, but rears would likely require a 275 mm tire (or minimum 265mm)...all about 29 diameter like stock.

Here are the specs:
Front - 19x8 et44
Rear - 19x10 et 52

Think the rear wheels would fit or too wide?

The problem with the rears is the offset. I'm sure 10" widths would fit, but with a +52 offset, the inner wheel lip/tire might make contact with the rear suspension.

Here's what I did to make sure my wheels would fit. Use willtheyfit.com to compare my OEM wheels to the new wheels. The site tells me how much wider my new setup will be. It tells me that compared to the OEM wheels, my new setup will be 10.4mm closer to the suspension.

With that number in mind, I went out to my car and took a photo of the wheel/suspension clearance I had with my OEM wheels. I could see that I had way more clearance than 10.4mm, so I knew they would fit.

Not a big fan of spacers and centering rings if I can help it. Surprisingly enough, there are some pretty cool factory wheels out there with the same bolt pattern, centerbore, and similar offsets to the cx5 (lancer evo, Maserati, Ferrari, etc)

Back