What size are the front and rear rotors?

thaxman

Mazda5 the Anti-Van
I picked up a 1st gen Mazda6 wagon, and the rotors, esp rears, look tiny. W/o removing wheels, they look like 11" up front and 10.5" in the back. The rotors in the Mazda5 seemed much larger and to fill the 17" wheel almost entirely.

OK, so if they ARE bigger, any idea if they can be swapped out?

I picked up a 1st gen Mazda6 wagon, and the rotors, esp rears, look tiny. W/o removing wheels, they look like 11" up front and 10.5" in the back. The rotors in the Mazda5 seemed much larger and to fill the 17" wheel almost entirely.

OK, so if they ARE bigger, any idea if they can be swapped out?
Rockauto has the specs you are looking for.

Why are doing this? Bigger rotors alone are not going to do anything other then give you visual appeal at the expense of adding unsprung weight (never a good thing). If looking to increase breaking, you need better pad material. Larger pad surface will increase the effectiveness but you would need larger calipers for larger pads. No idea if Mz5 (compact) rear braking components will fit on a Mz6 (mid size) bc you are mixing different platforms. Example, Mz5/MS3 uses hex fit steering wheel while Mz6/RX8 uses spline.

If you still have access to both cars, measure the distance between the caliper bolts to see if they are interchangeable. Measure the gap between the rotor lip and caliper to get an idea if larger rotor fit. I*m pretty sure the bolt patterns are the same so they should physical *fit*.

Back