Parking, Reverse, GPS & USB installation on aftermarket audio system?

vvume

I have a 2012 Mazda 5 and getting a JVC-KW-M845BW along with the PAC RP4-MZ11, Metra 40-HD10 Antenna Adapter, and Metra 95-7521B Dash Kit to replace the factory unit (which I have already replaced once on my own). JVC has a couple of wires outside of the harness. Given that I am not very familiar with installing car audio systems, any tips I can get would be a great help:

1. JVC Parking brake switch/indicator wire
2. JVC Reverse sensor wire
3. JVC GPS unit - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?
4. JVC 2x USB - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?
5. JVC Bluetooth mic - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?

I have been told by Crutchfield that 1 & 2 are located somewhere near the cabin filter area, but I am not sure where exactly. For 3, 4, and 5 I am thinking of drilling holes/slots on the Metra dash kit to get them out. Any alternate suggestions since I see no way to get the cables from behind the unit to outside? JVC wiring diagram attached. Thanks in advance.

JVC wiring diagram 4372341111.jpg

Just for those looking for this information, I eventually figured all of this out

The parking brake switch & reverse sensor wire are both part of PAC RP4-MZ11 harness and so you won't need to run lengthy wires to other spots in the car. My 2012 Mazda 5 does not have an amp so I had to cut the RCA plugs off my PAC RP4-MZ11 and hook them to the stereo speaker wires directly. I ended up putting the GPS unit right in between the two air vents underneath the dash and above the car audio unit and it works just fine. I was able to route the cables for both the USB and bluetooth mic through the driver side without having to drill holes. A bit of work but wasn't too bad. Only the Metra dash kit with plastic hinges was a big disappointment; will snap very easily if you are not careful. Android Auto wireless only works with my older Pixel XL phone (currently using Huawei Mate 20 pro), but given that I had to use a cable for JVC Weblink app, I just use the wired android auto.

I have a 2012 Mazda 5 and getting a JVC-KW-M845BW along with the PAC RP4-MZ11, Metra 40-HD10 Antenna Adapter, and Metra 95-7521B Dash Kit to replace the factory unit (which I have already replaced once on my own). JVC has a couple of wires outside of the harness. Given that I am not very familiar with installing car audio systems, any tips I can get would be a great help:

1. JVC Parking brake switch/indicator wire
2. JVC Reverse sensor wire
3. JVC GPS unit - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?
4. JVC 2x USB - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?
5. JVC Bluetooth mic - how to route the cable from behind unit to outside on the dash?

I have been told by Crutchfield that 1 & 2 are located somewhere near the cabin filter area, but I am not sure where exactly. For 3, 4, and 5 I am thinking of drilling holes/slots on the Metra dash kit to get them out. Any alternate suggestions since I see no way to get the cables from behind the unit to outside? JVC wiring diagram attached. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 221158

Good info!

And there are ways to slave another Android device to the head unit and then run a custom APK to enable your main phone to use the slave phone as a wireless pass-through. Unofficial wireless Android Auto.

Latest posts

Back