Curious about iPhone location while using CarPlay

:
Mazda CX-5 Signature
I was just curious as to where you all are placing your iPhone while using CarPlay? Are you placing it in the console or have it in holder attached somewhere in the car?

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

I currently put mine in the left cupholder and I have a short 12" cable that goes into the armrest. Not totally ideal, but it's been fine for several months.

I was just curious as to where you all are placing your iPhone while using CarPlay? Are you placing it in the console or have it in holder attached somewhere in the car?

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

Cubby for now.

If you're looking for a great, easy and non-destructive mount for your car, check out proclipusa. Great product, will fit your phone 100%, and they even have mounting positions already picked out for the right mount/vehicle.

Had one in my Mazda 6, it was awesome.

Cubby for now.

If you're looking for a great, easy and non-destructive mount for your car, check out proclipusa. Great product, will fit your phone 100%, and they even have mounting positions already picked out for the right mount/vehicle.

Thanks for the tip. I have used proclipsusa in the past and have been very pleased with their products.

I think I will go with cubby for now as well.

Cubby for now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadnt heard of them. I like their mounts and will probably use them in the future.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn*t heard of them. I like their mounts and will probably use them in the future.

I really loved their product. It's so helpful that they have the photos of the dashboards for each model already showing so you can choose the proper mount.. Plus, they have a couple different mounting locations.

What I liked the most though, was the non-destructive nature of them. That mount on my Mazda6 was the ONLY thing that didn't bounce around, or fall down over a bump. It was solid as heck!

Glad to be of assistance to you and Whorne on that!

i use the cubby in the front...attached to a 90degree lightning cable, works fine.

Just purchased 2019 cx5 Sunday, and was wondering the same thing...seems there is no ideal spot for the phone to rest while plugged into CarPlay. I order 3 90 degree plugs already, didn*t like the weight of the phone putting pressure on the cable while sitting in the cubby under the climate control.

Had a proclip mount in our outback and loved it, but the proclip mount location for the cx5 is between the ac vents, which kind of stinks given the size of the phone then blocks the vents.

If somebody has suggestions or pics you can share with a good mounting location, would love to see what you got.

Back