I heard a new noise. Does the AC condensation make a noise?

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I heard a noise like a party horn, but quieter today, twice. It was a warm humid day and I had the AC on and was parked. I heard this horn noise that was loud enough to make me look out the window for a kid making noise. I drove off and when I was at a stop light I heard it again. I sort of think maybe it was water going through the drain tube and reverberating, like when you blow through a straw with the other end of the straw pinched. Has anyone else heard a horn like sound when your AC was on? I'm not worried about it, just curious what caused it.

Hard to say my 2018 gt was the most rattle creaking mess of a car I have ever owned. Hope you figure it out !

I heard a noise like a party horn, but quieter today, twice. It was a warm humid day and I had the AC on and was parked. I heard this horn noise that was loud enough to make me look out the window for a kid making noise. I drove off and when I was at a stop light I heard it again. I sort of think maybe it was water going through the drain tube and reverberating, like when you blow through a straw with the other end of the straw pinched. Has anyone else heard a horn like sound when your AC was on? I'm not worried about it, just curious what caused it.

if it's squeaking when accelerating low rpms with the a/c on.. it could be the belt, or the tensioner shitting the bed (or both)

if it's squeaking when accelerating low rpms with the a/c on.. it could be the belt, or the tensioner shitting the bed (or both)

Agreed with tensioner if that was the situation, but OP said he was parked, so I don't know. My leaking tensioner never made that horrendous noise unless I was low speed accelerating.

Op said it sounded like a party horn. Not sure a tensioner would make such a sound.

OP could inspect the drain tube from under the car but then again why would there be pressure enough to sound like a horn? That thing is under the car. For it to make a loud enough sound for OP to hear from inside the cabin would be crazy.

I'd have someone rev the car a bit and turn on AC while OP lifts hood and pinpoints sound in engine bay.

I tried to reproduce the sound and nothing. It hasn't made the noise again just those two times, on the same drive. And at a dead stop at the time it made the noise.

Could this be it?

68-E65-A19-FF1-A-4-C57-87-CE-58-A7-A93-D1-A4-D.png

Alright I actually did replicate a somewhat party horn sound the other day. Whether it is what the OP experienced is unknown:

AC on full blast in my Mazda6 which has adjustable air vents. I adjusted the vent between the driver and the navigation screen slightly as to produce a whistling sound...adjusted further and it made a party horn sound. ding ding ding!!!!

......now on to catching BigFoot.

Back