Overhead Consoles

Does the regular Overhead Console on the GT, GT-R have lighting in it?

Mazda says the Signature trim level has LED Room lamp and down light are added to the console and that it is "unique"...

There are normal map lights in all trim level overhead consoles, but only the reserve has the led down light, and also led glove box light I think.
I'm sure you could swap out the parts if you wanted.
mooreaccurate72 posted this pic from a CX9 and I think the new reserve is similar.

57664636b36d7a0c1ae14e8f138b6fb0.jpg

I*m not at home at the moment but there are several illuminated switches as well as the ambient downlighter up there. That downlighter could do with recessing as it catches your eye at night.

Here is what the console of the Signature looks like. Ambient downlight, separate switches for reading lights (instead pushing the lights themselves). The rear seats also have separate switches for the lights. All are LED.

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 297
The frameless mirror is gorgeous and refined. I do wish the homelink buttons lit up at night, but once you get used to their placement, it's not a huge issue. The LED lights cast a nice glow and illuminate the entire cabin with ease, particularly at night. I recently went on a camping trip and it was no issue illuminating the entirety of the interior. What I also like about the Signature is that the front and rear footwells are illuminated. It's a nice ambient touch.

Back