Used 2017/2018 Mazda3: What should I look for?

:
2017 CX9 GT AWD
Looking at purchasing a used 2017/2018 Mazda3. Basically just need it for a commuter car, but would prefer the Touring or GT trim, and would prefer the hatchback, but doesn't matter. I'm interested if there are any problems in general I should be looking for, and if the 2.0 vs 2.5 engine has any better reliability, etc.

I'm looking at the same purchase for my son. We do have a Mazda CX5 2016 GT. It now has 112K miles on with absolutely no issues.

My 2014 has been stellar with 24,000 miles on it, as is my 2008 MX5 with 60,000 miles.
You really can't go wrong unless the maintenance schedule had not been followed. Always verify before buying.

Do yourself a favor and get a better sound system. Also - check the Bluetooth sound quality. Hold your phone while talking using the hands free on the car and then turn off the ignition and continue talking on the phone.
Your caller should be able to tell you if you sound better through the hands free or the phone. New 2019 Mazda3 sounds better through the hands free.

Back