Rear spoilers, are all the same for all CX5s?

I've occasionally looked at that same type of design myself, both for my previous 2016 and now my 2019. I like the fact that it is pretty subtle, but would love to also see it in body color to get a better idea of how that might look. In the long run, I don't think in the true aerodynamic sense it is a spoiler (??), but just more of a nice visual personalization tweak, which is fine by me.

My spoiler looks very bad, most of the clear coat came off, so I'm trying to cover it up, or replace it.
I don't understand, how this spoiler would fit gen 1 and gen 2 CX5? They are different vehicles.

I don't understand, how this spoiler would fit gen 1 and gen 2 CX5? They are different vehicles.

I too would be a bit skeptical of that, but it is possible that the distance span is the same on both era vehicles. Then again, I'm seeing other listings with what appear to be identical products and photos, but only for the newest Gen vehicles.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Maybe safest to look for a spoiler that is only listed as compatible with your gen, or maybe get a quote for a repaint at a reliable local body shop. It may not be terribly expensive, and could be done in place.

Personally I'd most likely wrap it or have it clear coated. Do you park near buildings with windows reflecting sunlight unto that spoiler?

It has to be completely repainted, can't just clear coat it. That won't be cheap. Even wraps can't be cheap either.
The whole car is fine, only the spoiler has this issue. Most likely, they did bad job at the factory.

It has to be completely repainted, can't just clear coat it. That won't be cheap. Even wraps can't be cheap either.
The whole car is fine, only the spoiler has this issue. Most likely, they did bad job at the factory.

Oh! This is the factory body part that is having the clear coat issues? If so, I also saw on eBay the OEM Mazda parts for that section of the car, assumedly salvage since they were various body paint colors.

Yes, it is the factory spoiler. If I would find one in sky blue, I would buy it.
Actually, I'm wondering how it would look with a black or red one?

Just note that your original link and my links were for aftermarket spoilers that fit over the OEM parts--which, of course, will cover any damage on yours.

I think black would look great with your (I'm assuming) blue vehicle if it is easier to find an OEM Mazda replacement in that color instead of your actual paint color. There is other black trim on the vehicle, and some people have taken to wrapping certain parts of the car in black too. I like the look and black tends to go with almost any color anyway.

Yes, I know that those will just cover the original spoiler. I'm fine with that. You are right, in black would look good as well. The only thing what I don't understand is, that they advertise that spoiler for all CX5.

Hmmm...maybe look into "paint correction" and then clear coat?

Back