Mazda CX5 headlights fiberglass broken

jayasri88

Someone hit my mazda cx5 while in a walmart parking lot:-( while i was shopping inside. The right hand side headlight was broken but the bulbs inside are working fine (both low and high beam). I have put some tape around it to prevent any moisture. I was thinking the headlight cover is a separate part and i don't have to buy the headlight assembly. is that wrong?
Any advice where i could find used or cheaper parts online?

Thankyou,
Nathan.

Typically you'd have to buy the whole assembly. I don't think they sell the lenses separately because they can't guarantee that it will be installed to the headlight housing correctly.

I'd try finding a used headlight at a junkyard or searching on eBay.

Another vote to replace via eBay and used/salvaged parts. Not sure what year/trim you have, but the entire right side assembly runs anywhere from <$100 up to $350-ish for the current gen LED versions.

I do also see first gen headlight covers only, but no idea of the fit or how difficult it may be to replace just that cover (or if longevity of the wiring/bulbs/LED modules would be compromised).

Someone hit my mazda cx5 while in a walmart parking lot:-( while i was shopping inside. The right hand side headlight was broken but the bulbs inside are working fine (both low and high beam). I have put some tape around it to prevent any moisture. I was thinking the headlight cover is a separate part and i don't have to buy the headlight assembly. is that wrong?
Any advice where i could find used or cheaper parts online?

Thankyou,
Nathan.

You really need to let us know the year and trim level of your CX-5 before we can give you the best advice. Things can be quite different between trim levels and model years.

Back