Musings on my first oil change

:
Columbus, Ohio
:
2019 CX-9 GT
As I sit here looking out at the (seemingly never ending) rain fall in Ohio and eating a couple squares of a tasty thin crust sausage pizza from ole Papa John's, I reflect back on having just changed the oil for the 1st time on my Soul Red Crystal Metallic 2019 GT AWD and wanted to share with the group....

...not as clean or easy as the change on my 2015 Subaru Legacy. I wish Mazda engine design placed the filter on top-side of engine like my Subaru. An oil covered work glove is just not fun.

...but appreciate the filter is right by the drain plug. Don't have to reach over the frame to take off the filter and have oil not only cover my one hand but drip DOWN both sides of the frame (2008 CX-9 and 2013 Infiniti JX-35 I'm looking at you)

...I'm 6'2" but it's not super convenient to reach the oil fill when the front wheels are on the ramp

...love looking at an (almost) pristine clean engine bay. I know it won't last here in the Midwest.

...thank goodness for the taller 20" tires. The front air dam actually clears my ramps.

...I need to get a Fumoto valve before the next change. There is nothing easier than the drain tube directly to the catch bottle.

...why have screws and trim fasteners to hold one panel?

...should I get the Corksport short air intake? I miss the BOV sound from my old MS6 and hoped to hear a bit more of that wonderful sound. But modifications are a money pit...No, I know better.

...not a surprise this is my 4th Mazda. I love these cars.

Back