First service scheduled for 2019 CX-5

mikeykx

:
Mazda CX-5
Hey all, my Mazda dealership oddly scheduled my first service on my brand new 19 CX-5 GT right when I bought it (few months ago in late February). They scheduled it 4 months out for last week of June... is there any sound reasoning for this?

To my knowledge, looking at recommended scheduled maintenance the first service should be at 5k or 7.5k, which Im nowhere near (currently only 1500 miles since February). am I missing something or are they just trying to squeeze me for unnecessary $$$?

I think technically the schedule 2 oil changes are 6 months or 5k miles, whichever comes first. I honestly ignore the months limit, unless I am approaching a year.

Do you mean on that service reminder on the screen? I wouldn*t pay much attention to that, some dealers are not adjusting the shipping pressures on the tires and sending cars out with customers with 45-50 psi!

Don't do the first oil change too early. I would wait till at least 5,000 miles unless you don't drive much and a year has passed.

I have my oil/filter changed every 11 months since I only put about 5,000 miles on it in that time.

I suspect it's based off of the "average" driver so they're probably estemating you'll be close to your first service soon. I'll be due for my service in about 3.5 months (5000 miles) and my car will only have been in my possession for 4.5 months at that time!

If you don't need it, cancel it.

Honestly, just follow your maintenance schedule. 1500 miles is way too early to be doing an oil change.

Don't over think it. It's a marketing email. They just want to make sure you go to them for your services.

Your car will notify you when it's time for an oil change. If you have it set to flexible, you'll see a wrench light appear when it's time for an oil change based on your driving conditions.
If you have it set to fixed, the light will turn on when you start approaching 5,000 miles.

I think technically the schedule 2 oil changes are 6 months or 5k miles, whichever comes first. I honestly ignore the months limit, unless I am approaching a year.

For me, this is the correct attitude for schedule 2. The passage of 6 months is irrelevant in this scenario. But I do get it changed every year, whether it "needs" it or not based on the mileage, for warranty purposes only.

Hey all, my Mazda dealership oddly scheduled my *first service* on my brand new *19 CX-5 GT right when I bought it (few months ago in late February). They scheduled it 4 months out for last week of June... is there any sound reasoning for this?

To my knowledge, looking at recommended scheduled maintenance the first service should be at 5k or 7.5k, which I*m nowhere near (currently only 1500 miles since February). am I missing something or are they just trying to squeeze me for unnecessary $$$?

They didn't know you'd be putting on so few miles. Cancel and do what you think is appropriate. And yes, they want as much of your money as possilble!

Hey all, my Mazda dealership oddly scheduled my first service on my brand new 19 CX-5 GT right when I bought it (few months ago in late February). They scheduled it 4 months out for last week of June... is there any sound reasoning for this?

To my knowledge, looking at recommended scheduled maintenance the first service should be at 5k or 7.5k, which Im nowhere near (currently only 1500 miles since February). am I missing something or are they just trying to squeeze me for unnecessary $$$?
Simply just follow Mazda's recommended Flexible oil change schedule (up to 12 months or 7,500 miles), wait for the "Oil change due" remainder popping up then change your oil.

its 12 months or 7500 miles for normal conditions and 6 months or 5000 miles for severe driving conditions.
Whichever you hit first months or miles.

I do 12 months or 5K miles for all three of our Mazdas.
Synthetic oil is used. It ages very slowly. 1yr is no big deal.

My salesman asked me how many miles I drive annually, then set the first oil change appointment, based on that. It came pretty darn close (5,600), so I kept the appointment as scheduled.

I did my first oil change at around 3,000mi. No real "wrong" answer here, unless the manufacturer uses a specific break-in oil, which Mazda does not.

I do mine in however long it takes to hit the mileage I wanna change it at, albeit 6 months or 3 years. The every 6 months to 1 year is for the gullible....Saw a lady on the Mazda FB page that's on her 6th oil change at 16k miles on a 2016.5, LMAO...

Don*t forget that during the cold months, condensation accumulates inside the engine and on direct injection engines, fuel gets into the oil. I wouldn*t go beyond a year if only to flush out contaminants.

Saw a lady on the Mazda FB page that's on her 6th oil change at 16k miles on a 2016.5, LMAO...

6 oil changes in 16k miles? Ridiculous!

Synthetic oil should easily go a year if you are not puting on the miles. I agree that it should be able to go even longer, but it makes sense to get rid of any contaminants in the oil every year. Also, just periodically check oil levels on the dipstick to make sure you don't need to add any. You should be fine, but just a good practice to have.

Back