Considering upgrade to Apple CarPlay

OP: Install the software yourself and get it done at that shop. I have no idea what he is talking about with the antenna?!?! I don't think that's a thing. Watch the install video. There's no mention of this. They are just USB ports.
I took my car for service at the dealer yesterday (Saturday, July 6th) and asked them to update the firmware. That's what's needed before the upgrade, right? How can I be sure that the firmware I have is what's needed before the ACP upgrade?

Thanks.

We bought our 2018 last August. When the apple car android auto came out at the beginning of the year, they upgraded us for free.

I took my car for service at the dealer yesterday (Saturday, July 6th) and asked them to update the firmware. That's what's needed before the upgrade, right? How can I be sure that the firmware I have is what's needed before the ACP upgrade?

Thanks.
Yep. I have zero doubt they flashed the absolute latest version. They always do.
To confirm just poke around in settings, the version number is listed in there. It must be 70.something or better.

Thanks.

For AA/CP, you need v70 version.
Dealer is not supposed to update the software to v70 unless it is doing the AA/CP.

So, check your version number. It might not be v70.

Is this it?

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" class="imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-NmxCo6q-false-540" scrolling="no" src="https://imgur.com/a/NmxCo6q/embed?pub=true&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mazdas247.com%2Fforum%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D123868639&context=false&w=540" id="imgur-embed-iframe-pub-a-NmxCo6q" style="height: 500px; width: 540px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;"></iframe><script async="" src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NO. Version 59.XXX won't work.
Since you cross-posted, here's a copy of my response to the firmware thread that you started:

Your version won't support CarPlay.
You MUST update the firmware before installing the hardware or your infotainment will go into a boot-loop.
You need version 70.XXX or higher.
The latest version is 70.335.
Again ... install the firmware BEFORE installing the hardware.

Based on what I have read, v70 has new driver that handles the new hardware box to be installed in the center console.
Other versions just won't work.

v59 is the newest version that does not handle AA/CP.
"NA" stands for North America.

Back