2019 GT-Reserve or Signature?

Going to trade in my 2016 Touring lease tomorrow and can't decide between the GT-R and Sig (also Machine Grey or White) :(

Are the rims any diff between the two? (random question)

The rim color is different, if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, I believe they're the same.

When I was shopping, I spent a lot of time on Mazda's "Build Your Own" section of their website.

The difference between the Signature and the Reserve as I captured them are:
Silver wheels
Signature Badge
Frameless rearview mirror
LED glovebox, vanity, cargo
O/H console
Brown leather seats
360' monitor
Front/rear parking sensors

You can compare pics on that website link. It's easier than trying to find things on a dealer's website.

When I was shopping, I spent a lot of time on Mazda's "Build Your Own" section of their website.

The difference between the Signature and the Reserve as I captured them are:
Silver wheels
Signature Badge
Frameless rearview mirror
LED glovebox, vanity, cargo
O/H console
Brown leather seats
360' monitor
Front/rear parking sensors

You can compare pics on that website link. It's easier than trying to find things on a dealer's website.

What did you end up getting?

What did you end up getting?

I ended up with the Reserve.

There was not that much that "wowed me" about the Signature on paper that justified the incremental cost.

I had looked in the fall of last year and ended up delaying my decision into 2019. I went to the dealer ready to ink the deal on a non-turbo CX-5, and decided I should at least test drive the turbo. When I got on the interstate doing 70 and effortlessly shot past cars when I hit the pedal, I was sold.

That being said, they did not have a Signature on the lot...I test drove a Reserve Maybe if I had gotten behind the wheel of a Signature, I would have up-sold myself. I've never owned a car with a camera in it, and have never even sat in one with a 360' camera. Maybe it's worth the cost.

I ended up with the Reserve.
Maybe if I had gotten behind the wheel of a Signature, I would have up-sold myself. I've never owned a car with a camera in it, and have never even sat in one with a 360' camera. Maybe it's worth the cost.

I wanted the 360 Camera + Parking sensors so that pointed me to the Signature. The test drive sold it. Coming from a BMW, I'd say it compares favorably to a 3-series or X3.

I wanted the 360 Camera + Parking sensors so that pointed me to the Signature. The test drive sold it. Coming from a BMW, I'd say it compares favorably to a 3-series or X3.

Mazda was really smart offering those two options only in the sig. I'll bet that alone would cause many people to upgrade from the reserve to the sig, even if they didn't care about the leather, lighting, etc.

I would love those two, and trust they will trickle down to the lower trim levels along with the turbo real soon.

Mazda was really smart offering those two options only in the sig. I'll bet that alone would cause many people to upgrade from the reserve to the sig, even if they didn't care about the leather, lighting, etc.

I would love those two, and trust they will trickle down to the lower trim levels along with the turbo real soon.

Essentially, those are the two things that prompted me to go with a Signature rather than a GTR.
The leather IS nicer, but I prefer a lighter color.
The other minor upgrades are nice, but not more $ nice.

I bought the Reserve because pretty soon the soccer moms in their CRV's and RAV4 Hybrids are going to begin looking for that "Sg" badge on the back like I do "///M" and "S-Line" badges. I don't want them to wise up to my game.

it's a tough decision and really comes down to what options you value most.
I was inclined to go with the Signature when I first started shopping the CX-5 as I wanted the 'fully loaded' edition but that brown leather was not for me and I didn't care for the sensors or the 360 camera.

made my decision easy from there plus I really liked the contrast of the Machine Grey and the Parchment leather so for me it was the GTR.

what does the 360 deg Camera do for you?

can you use it to monitor things while away from the car like on a Tesla?

Pretty much same reason. It comes down to what you really need. I didnt need the 360 cam and the parking sensors. I knew the leather was going to impress me only for a fee months. Would rather save the $2-3k difference and use it to wrap it with paint protection.

Was also struggling w/ this choice. Went with the GT-R because I LOVE the way the parchment/black interior looks, especially in Machine Gray.
And the $2k can buy a bunch of stuff I care more about, like a nice front window tint, stiffer springs, all weather mats, roof cross beams, and a cargo mat.

GT-R for me because I personally hate the brown/black combination of the signature. It's two colors I have always thought should never be together, haha.

I would have loved some of the additional niceties but I know I'd just keep resenting the color combination so black leather GT-R it was!

Can anyone who has the Sig or Reserve comment on the black plastic fill piece they have on the steering wheel? It is on the 6 o clock position of the steering wheel, between the two "chrome" trim. It fills up the v shaped gap.

Personally on my 18' Touring I actually have use that gap while i'm driving for my middle and ring finger. Is that piece removable? Its a small change but to me it alters the way I would drive.

And yes, i know I'll probably break those fingers off if I ever get into a car accident.

Can anyone who has the Sig or Reserve comment on the black plastic fill piece they have on the steering wheel? It is on the 6 o clock position of the steering wheel, between the two "chrome" trim. It fills up the v shaped gap.

Personally on my 18' Touring I actually have use that gap while i'm driving for my middle and ring finger. Is that piece removable? Its a small change but to me it alters the way I would drive.

And yes, i know I'll probably break those fingers off if I ever get into a car accident.

That's a good question - I haven't checked to see if it's removable, but I would guess it's not done easily. I would agree it would be nice for that space to be open, but it's not. It's a little awkward when turning the wheel to not have your fingers go through it, that's for sure. Otherwise, I do love the nice stitching details on the steering wheel exclusive to the Signature. It looks so classy and is a nice touch I wasn't expecting.

Everyone has their own preferences. I happen to absolutely love the interior ambiance the dark upholstery and headliner provide. It feels very intimate even during the daytime. If I require more light, opening the moonroof cover provides more than enough. They're obviously doing something right for many people since the dealerships in my area can't keep the Signature on their lots for more than a few hours if they even make it there to begin with. As is always true, can't be everything to everyone. ;)

Back