Debadging 2019

Has anyone debadged a 2019? I see threads for earlier models and I am unsure which emblems are pinned on the 2019. I also thought I might stop by the dealer and talk to someone in the body shop that would know. I of course realize the front emblem can*t be altered or removed due to radar. I*m just interested in the rear emblems.

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/a/...ntry-wo-rear-camera-wrear-camera/5471675.html

Cross-reference the part number with a Google Image search. Unfortunately I don't know if the 2018 models differ from the 2019 emblems, but you could probably call a local dealership's parts counter to clarify.

You'll want to go by the part description in the BOM, not the index callouts in the diagram as they appear to be inaccurate. On my 2018 CX-9, all of the emblems appear to be pinned except for the AWD emblem.

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/a/...ntry-wo-rear-camera-wrear-camera/5471675.html

Cross-reference the part number with a Google Image search. Unfortunately I don't know if the 2018 models differ from the 2019 emblems, but you could probably call a local dealership's parts counter to clarify.

You'll want to go by the part description in the BOM, not the index callouts in the diagram as they appear to be inaccurate. On my 2018 CX-9, all of the emblems appear to be pinned except for the AWD emblem.

Yes good ideas. I tried looking at images already and just wasnt 100% sure of the year 2018 vs 2019. I do plan on going by dealer and either talk to body shop guy or parts guy, whoever is more accessible.

Keep in mind you would not want to totally debadge as the front grill emblem has a camera and or a detector on some models that I know of.

Any further discovery on this subject? My wife is looking at buying anew 2019 CX-5 and she's already said she would love to de-badge the rear of the vehicle.

The rear badges have beside the adhesive also pins, so sadly holes will be left!
Some of the replies are talking about the badges sitting on a metal piece at the rearside.
But it is actually a plastic piece ( magnet )

Gr. Karl

Yes. There was a topic somewhere with pictures. There are holes and pins in the rear door. At least on 2017 2018.

I can confirm that on the 2019 CX-9 GT there are posts on the CX-9, and Skyactive badges. There are no posts on the AWD badge. The holes are pretty big. They are kind of oblong shaped. Once I realized there were posts I stopped and pressed the adhesive back to the body. I'd rather have the badges than holes.

Latest posts

Back