Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Generation CX-9: Sequential LED turn signal installation (side mirrors)

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

That is really cool! Thanks for the write up!

Donated: $25

2016 CX-5 GT, 2017 CX-9 GT

Give this man a beer! Yet another fantastic DIY guide with detailed instructions. Gonna add this to my to-do list.

You ever thought of adding paddle shifters? If so, check-out this thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-my-CX-9/page2

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by SK77X View Post
    Give this man a beer! Yet another fantastic DIY guide with detailed instructions. Gonna add this to my to-do list.

You ever thought of adding paddle shifters? If so, check-out this thread: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-my-CX-9/page2
    I had considered it, but it would just be a mod for the sake of doing the mod, i.e. I wouldn't actually use them. I had paddle shifters on my IS250 and I rarely ever used them, maybe only once when I first got the car. Thanks for the link though!

Donated: $25

2016 CX-5 GT, 2017 CX-9 GT

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    I had considered it, but it would just be a mod for the sake of doing the mod, i.e. I wouldn't actually use them. I had paddle shifters on my IS250 and I rarely ever used them, maybe only once when I first got the car. Thanks for the link though!
    Hmm, very interesting. I have them installed on my CX-5 and I use them all the time. Have been wishing to add them to my CX-9 for a while now, but haven't yet taken the plunge.

Registered Member

2018 CX-9 Signature

Thanks again Sm1ke for introducing me to this mod. I received the indicator today and installed it in a little over a hour. The hardest part for me was actually not removing the mirror itself but the outer casing. Those tabs was on tight and every time I managed to loosen one as I moved onto the next tab it would snap back in. I found it easier to go in reverse order from E to A on your diagram. The E tab would stay popped out and actually creates a wedge on its own. From there the rest of tabs pops off quite easily. Overall a great mod that adds a cool touch to your ride.
    Last edited by Cx-9 Guy; 07-05-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Contributor

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Cx-9 Guy View Post
    Thanks again Sm1ke for introducing me to this mod. I received the indicator today and installed it in a little over a hour. The hardest part for me was actually not removing the mirror itself but the outer casing. Those tabs was on tight and every time I managed to loosen one as I moved onto the next tab it would snap back in. I found it easier to go in reverse order from E to A on your diagram. The E tab would stay popped out and actually creates a wedge on its own. From there the rest of tabs pops off quite easily. Overall a great mod that adds a cool touch to your ride.
    Great to hear! And thanks for the feedback on the mirror cover. Turborascal did this mod on his CX-5 and did the exact same thing. I'll be sure to edit the original posts to add this tip.

I appreciate the feedback guys, helps to make an easy process even easier!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12