Replacement for Bose amplifiers of CX5 2016

Jenson

:
CX 5 2016
Hi Guys,

My 2016 CX5 Bose amplifier got bust due to flooding (I was out of town when flash flood hit the car couple of months ago). Now i need to replace the amplifier, can anyone suggest a good after market amplifier. Please consider the cost factor as well..not the very expensive ones. I dont know much about it and probably would need to go to a shop, but i would like to get some info before i go the shop.

If you could suggest any place (Website) where to buy also, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Jenson

Hi Guys,

My 2016 CX5 Bose amplifier got bust due to flooding (I was out of town when flash flood hit the car couple of months ago). Now i need to replace the amplifier, can anyone suggest a good after market amplifier. Please consider the cost factor as well..not the very expensive ones. I dont know much about it and probably would need to go to a shop, but i would like to get some info before i go the shop.

If you could suggest any place (Website) where to buy also, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Jenson

Hi Jenson,

Id advise getting another Bose amplifier from a wrecking yard rather than changing it for an aftermarket one. Bose systems use non-standard line levels and speaker impedance is different to normal, so to put in an aftermarket amp could cause weird sound or even damage to something.
If youre set on getting an aftermarket amp, consider new speakers and a head unit too so everything is correct electrically.

Thanks Richard, Now i need to search for one.. here in Qatar its difficult, the search is on ...

Hi Jenson,

I*d advise getting another Bose amplifier from a wrecking yard rather than changing it for an aftermarket one. Bose systems use non-standard line levels and speaker impedance is different to normal, so to put in an aftermarket amp could cause weird sound or even damage to something.
If you*re set on getting an aftermarket amp, consider new speakers and a head unit too so everything is correct electrically.

agree with Richard.

Bose parts do not play well with other parts. If you change one Bose component, you might as well replace everything. Bose uses odd impedances that are not industry standard. It is a part of their "magic" and why Bose parts only works best with other Bose parts. Their amps also do all the crossover stuff too.

I'm sure ebay or a pick-n-pull yard has an amplifier to fit your needs.

If you are up to a challenge, some companies make small amplifiers fit for UTVs/Side-by-sides that are small and easily tucked away, but again, if you change the Bose amp for something else, you will need to change the speakers to accommodate.

Another vote from me for sourcing from eBay. I've seen the occasional Mazda Bose amp on there at least in this region, assumedly from when owners rip everything out and replace with aftermarket.

Thanks GoFrogs for the feedback, appreciate your time for the reply..will check and decide..

As Richard said its easiest to stick with replacing Bose. On my old 3 GT I replaced the Bose amp with an Alpine and replaced the Bose speakers with Polk MM6501. You wouldnt want to keep the Bose speakers even if they did match needed impedance. I kept the original Bose head unit and had no problem with input line levels. It was a very impressive upgrade from the Bose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mazda NA or whomever you spoke to is wrong. The tuning is definitely in the headunit. There were previous threads that noted that there is a steep roll off in bass below 45hz.

This could have changed with the 2015 facelift, but in my 14 the Bose amplifier is the one doing the EQ adjustments as Ive changed my head unit and speakers, and am still getting the Bose adjustments through the new setup.

The new front dash speakers were getting way too much treble so I wired them straight to my Sony HU to bypass the amp. Im still getting the middle dash speaker so its the amp doing the mixing for that speaker too.

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

Jenson

You can visit Rocketcarparts to review amplifier modeling in this page to choose the best one.

Amazon is my vote. There are a lot of amplifiers modeling that you can compare the function also the price. It has both new and used products. Hope you can choose the best one.

Back