Another Apple CarPlay Question

Cambridgehank

:
CX5
I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The dealer installed Apple CarPlay and I just drove 600 miles in frustration.
Apple CarPlay is in my other car, factory installed. I can see all the playlist(s), songs, and albums in that car. The Mazda only shows a few and will not let me scroll while driving. Luckily my wife was with me and I could select on the phone the item we wanted. I tried Pandora, and the same thing. It would not display the full list of stations.

Is this normal for the Mazda software? Is there a way to override the limitations?
Thanks for any help.

I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring. The dealer installed Apple CarPlay and I just drove 600 miles in frustration.
Apple CarPlay is in my other car, factory installed. I can see all the playlist(s), songs, and albums in that car. The Mazda only shows a few and will not let me scroll while driving. Luckily my wife was with me and I could select on the phone the item we wanted. I tried Pandora, and the same thing. It would not display the full list of stations.

Is this normal for the Mazda software? Is there a way to override the limitations?
Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately no - I just had that same experience with my new 2019 Signature. As soon as I came to a stop, I could see the playlists.. but as soon as the wheels start turning, it would disappear.

Try using Siri to play a playlist if you need to. I know, its frustrating.

Same methodology as to why they blank out SiriusXM TRaffic Flow's and other settings when the car is moving - they want your eyes on the road and not on the display.

I get your gripe though - I totally understand.

Back