Cargo Liner for 2019 CX-5 - OEM vs Maxpider vs ?

:
2019 CX-5 Siganture
Hi I just bought a new 2019 Signature and just love it - my first Mazda after years of Toyota and Subaru. The CX-5 was just plain the most fun. After finding this forum, I purchased the Canadian premium OEM floor mats from mazdashop.ca in Ontario, Canada - it took a week to get the free delivery to California. Easy peasy and great look and feel.

Now I need to get a cargo mat - I have had Weathertech in past cars (I live in heavy snow for many months a year) but don't like the industrial plasticky look and really like the Canadian premium OEM floor mats. It looks like Maxpider has a fold in the middle that lines up with storage door. Any pros and cons to the OEM rubber mat vs the Maxpider? Or other contenders I should look at?

I just bought this Mazda OEM cargo mat for my new GT-R from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It says it is for the 2017 only but fits my 2019 perfectly. It is thick, heavy rubber but flexible enough that you can get to the lids on the little storage compartments on either side at the rear or flex it out of the way to open the cover over the spare. I also like that it is properly cut out for the tie down points. A good deal at around $78 with free shipping. Read all of the positive reviews, it sold me on it and I am totally satisfied.

Last edited:
+1 on the OEM cargo mat. The amazon offering works for 2018 and 2019 as well.

I have the maxpider floor mats. For the trunk I went with OEM. It's just plain a good, solid product. Durable, slip and spill resistant, and fits perfect.

Thanks for the tips! I think I will go with the OEM. How does it work with the cargo net and is the cargo net useful?

I just got mine (OEM) today, for under $80 shipped on Amazon , and it fits perfectly in the cargo area, and no problem using the cargo net.

The Weathertech is not cut out for the tie down points. It has a molded lip around the area so if you choose to cut out for them, spills are still contained.

I got the Weathertech floor mats and cargo liner. I've got to say I am disappointed with the floor mats. In a very short time the driver's side got dirt-stained and I cannot get it clean. And the foot rest is only 1/2 covered.

Not the best buying decision I've made...

One more vote for the oem.
fits like a glove and good quality build + has the cx5 badge on it.

Yep, I also think that the OEM Cargo mat is the way to go, but, the "Canadian" Mazda All Season floor mats are really superb as long as you treat the CX-5 badge clips underneath to protect from corrosion in salty winter areas(although the CX-5 badge clip system has been improved for 2019).

In an SUV, I've always left half (or 1/3) of the rear bench up and the rest down.

Are there any cargo mats to cover the entire part I leave flat?

In an SUV, I've always left half (or 1/3) of the rear bench up and the rest down.

Are there any cargo mats to cover the entire part I leave flat?

Hard type
K123V0360.JPG

Soft type
K127V0360.JPG

Thanks - not too fancy; the SUV serves as a dogmobile

Google isn't find me a way to source those Mazda cargo covers/pads from Japan to the US

Last edited:
I should have gone with the oem and saved a few bucks. Just ordered a Huskyliner for the back. I*ve had them in my old truck and now in my Accord and I*m happy with them. Hopefully the cargo mat will be at least just as good as the mats.

Back