So much slower...haha
https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/mazda-0-60-mph-times/

MAZDA CX-5 0 TO 60 MPH AND QUARTER MILE TIMES
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport 2.5L Compare 0-60 mph 7.9 | Quarter mile 15.9
2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring 2.5L Compare 0-60 mph 7.6 | Quarter mile 15.8
2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Compare 0-60 mph 7.7 | Quarter mile 16.0
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Compare 0-60 mph 7.8 | Quarter mile 16.2
2018 Mazda CX-5 2.5T Signature AWD Compare 0-60 mph 6.3 | Quarter mile 14.8

Not sure why they skipped the '15, maybe that's the top secret sub 4 second 0-60 everyone keeps talking about.

Bruh, I live my life 1/4 mile at a time. 0.2 is an eternity.

Its slower than the gen 1s, but man, the quality increase and interior sound deadening makes it hard to recommend a gen 1. Also, my gen 1 got horrible gas mileage.

Agree on quality of gen1
Chrome on key peeling off, my steering has same chrome.
Sun visor rattle
Rear lift interior trim wiggles
My 5 yo can kick and rattle center console
A new one: I can see discoloration on my dash where the airbags are and a faint X marking.
Under the gauge cluster the plastic trim can be moved with a finger to reveal exposed wiring. My 13 Corolla had a more solid looking gauge.

A 1953 Toyota had a very solid gauge but it weighed 1.5 tons and did 20mpg. Don*t touch the trim under the gauges and you won*t see any wires. It is done like that to accommodate an adjustable steering wheel and airbags are getting faster. I*ve not noticed and marks in the facia but the material is much nicer than a Mk1. I know which I*d rather have. I*ve owned 3 Mk2s and rented 2 and none of them had a rattle. The 2016.5 was a great car but it did have rattles.

A 1953 Toyota had a very solid gauge but it weighed 1.5 tons and did 20mpg. Don*t touch the trim under the gauges and you won*t see any wires. It is done like that to accommodate an adjustable steering wheel and airbags are getting faster. I*ve not noticed and marks in the facia but the material is much nicer than a Mk1. I know which I*d rather have. I*ve owned 3 Mk2s and rented 2 and none of them had a rattle. The 2016.5 was a great car but it did have rattles.

My 2019 doesn't have floppy mirrors, a hood that flutters like it's unlatched, and ZERO sound deadening. I much prefer it to my 2015 even if it didn't have more power.

Bruh, I live my life 1/4 mile at a time. 0.2 is an eternity.

Haha, it's funny, I should have kept my '14 for all those red light challenges I get from old ladies in their Buick Envisions, but unfortunately the Buick runs 7.1 second 0-60, so not sure those .2 seconds would matter.

My 2019 doesn't have floppy mirrors, a hood that flutters like it's unlatched, and ZERO sound deadening. I much prefer it to my 2015 even if it didn't have more power.

After all of those negative posts and rants about the KF when you were driving the KE, this is a funny, not surprising, and welcome reversal.

It just goes to show, when you don't have any experience with something, your opinion of it is necessarily ignorant in the literal sense.

Welcome to the enlightened side.

After all of those negative posts and rants about the KF when you were driving the KE, this is a funny, not surprising, and welcome reversal.

It just goes to show, when you don't have any experience with something, your opinion of it is necessarily ignorant in the literal sense.

Welcome to the enlightened side.

I honestly would have kept my 2015, had it not been for the turbo options. However, buying, Id now pick a 2017 over a 2016.5.

Biggest difference is that the 2019 Signature and Grand Touring-Reserve trims have a 2.5L turbo engine instead of the 2.5L naturally aspirated of the other trims, and the previous years.

But, I think I should ask, which country are you asking for? Are you in the US?

Thx - yes, I'm in the US

Back