Can you use traffic sign recognition without HUD?

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
Im not a fan of HUDs. On the 2017-2018 CX-5s, do the signs show up on the dash instrumentation? I tried cycling thru the menu on a test drive but didnt see it.

I don't believe I've seen a sign on anything but the HUD.

Are you sure you couldn't get used to it? My wife originally hated it, but has learned to really like it.

I don't believe I've seen a sign on anything but the HUD.

Are you sure you couldn't get used to it? My wife originally hated it, but has learned to really like it.

I LOVE my HUD. The one on the 2019 Signature I have is awesome - i dont' have to take my eyes off the road in front of me to see my speed, turn by turn instructions and other stuff too - its just awesome..

Its not obtrusive in my opinion. I just love it!

I LOVE my HUD. The one on the 2019 Signature I have is awesome - i dont' have to take my eyes off the road in front of me to see my speed, turn by turn instructions and other stuff too - its just awesome..

Its not obtrusive in my opinion. I just love it!

Good job it doesn*t pop up in the mirrors, there*d be folk jumping off cliffs and feinting. ;-)

My wife likes her HUD also, and didn't take any time to get used to it. I drive the CX-5 occasionally and I think it is good for not needing to take your eyes of the road for basic information.

My wife likes her HUD also, and didn't take any time to get used to it. I drive the CX-5 occasionally and I think it is good for not needing to take your eyes of the road for basic information.

Blind spot warning signal in the HUD is something my 18 BMW doesnt have. [emoji106]

I*m not a fan of HUDs. On the 2017-2018 CX-5*s, do the signs show up on the dash instrumentation? I tried cycling thru the menu on a test drive but didn*t see it.

It doesn't show up anywhere on my dash, just the HUD. That being said I love the HUD, and it annoys me when I have on polarized sunglasses and can't see it from every angle. It's particularly nice when you want to have audio info on the main screen but still want turn by turn navigation visible.

Thanks for the replies! I have HUD on my BMW and turned it off because I found that my eyes focused on it instead of the road. I kinda wish it displayed somewhere else on the windshield. Really don*t need my speed *in my face* like that.

Thanks for the replies! I have HUD on my BMW and turned it off because I found that my eyes focused on it instead of the road. I kinda wish it displayed somewhere else on the windshield. Really don*t need my speed *in my face* like that.

Can't you adjust it up/down in the BMW?

It doesn't show up anywhere on my dash, just the HUD. That being said I love the HUD, and it annoys me when I have on polarized sunglasses and can't see it from every angle. It's particularly nice when you want to have audio info on the main screen but still want turn by turn navigation visible.

Yeah, I really wish that worked with Android Auto.

For the glasses, I found a company in Australia that makes replacement lenses for sunglasses. I was able to get some non-polarized lenses for something like $30 delivered to fit my out of production sunglasses that I really like and keep in the car.

Back