Air vent reflection in driver's side mirror (2019 CX-5)

Same. Never noticed it til that dude brought it up last time. Doesn't bite me either.

I just bought a 2018 CX-5 and have no luck getting rid of it by adjusting the mirrors. Anyone have a fix?
You'll get used to it and after awhile you won't even notice it. If it bothers you - you can always put black tape or paint the chrome parts of the vent. They pull out.

When I adjust my side mirrors correctly, I have no issues.
What may be correct for you may not be for other drivers. The problem is the reflection from the chrome on the side vents. There's no way to adjust the mirror to totally eliminate it. I have the problem on my 16 and a lesser extent on my 19 (they moved the vents). This was a big problem back in 16 and some dealers were swapping out the chrome trim for black.

Wish I knew while my 16 was still under warranty. I would of had them swap them for black. Would look nicer too.
I knew the TSB at the time but I decided not to replace these 2 outer vents with black trim under warranty based on the TSB. It’d look odd to me with 2 black outer vents and 2 bright center vents.

I knew the TSB at the time but I decided not to replace these 2 outer vents with black trim under warranty based on the TSB. It’d look odd to me with 2 black outer vents and 2 bright center vents.
Was about to say that after wlong's comment. Because I thought of doing the same thing. Replacing just to be different but without the middle part?? No.

Back