Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wife got T-Boned - Wrote off CX-5

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    Speaking of older cars vs new, and what happens when they crash: you might find this rather interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVEjsvip8kc

I think I'd rather be in a crash in a modern car.
    WOW! Thank goodness for modern crash standards.
    2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2017 Machine Gray Metallic MX-5 Miata RF/GT/MT Launch Edition
    2019 Racing Orange MX-5 Miata RF/MT 30th Anniversary Edition on order
    27 Mazdas since 1974

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    I came before seat belts. I was also in a wagon that got hit. I was way in the back but ended up in the front seat. Different times for sure.

I hope your wife recovers fully. The CX5 did its job.
    20 years ago, my in-laws owned a station wagon. They werenít hit, but had to stop suddenly and my 10 year old brother-n-law who was in the back ended up in the front seat. Even after that, they didnít insist that the kid had to buckle up.

Registered Member

2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto

I remember a time before seat belts were mandatory in the UK. I would have been about 4 or 5 in the mid 1960's in an old Ford car from the 1950's. We were returning from hospital where I'd had a check up for something or other. My mother was holding me on her knee on the back seat. My father had to brake suddenly and I distinctly remember flying through the air headfirst onto the metal dashboard where it turned out I'd gashed my forehead just above my left eye socket. I also remember a hot liquid pouring down my face which of course was blood. We immediately turned round back to hospital where I had stitches (and no anaesthetic because it bloody hurt). Any lower and I would have lost an eye. There's no evidence now as the older I got my eyebrow hid the scar. I presume my parents changed the car for one with seatbelts although there was no such thing as child seats back then. I was never carried in the back of the car again.
    The internet is a huge dumpster, you have to search hard to find the gold nuggets

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Two doors, a rear wheel arch, rear sill, airbags, various trim, a b pillar if it*s bent, a lot of paint that*s an arse to match and that doesn*t include jigging it if it*s twisted. I wouldn*t want it back.
    Yeah, not much you can do in Cuckistan when it comes to insurance companies. Unless the total damage is more than 36K, they won't write it off. The current bill is 17339.99

Wow!

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno21 View Post
    I remember a time before seat belts were mandatory in the UK. I would have been about 4 or 5 in the mid 1960's in an old Ford car from the 1950's. We were returning from hospital where I'd had a check up for something or other. My mother was holding me on her knee on the back seat. My father had to brake suddenly and I distinctly remember flying through the air headfirst onto the metal dashboard where it turned out I'd gashed my forehead just above my left eye socket. I also remember a hot liquid pouring down my face which of course was blood. We immediately turned round back to hospital where I had stitches (and no anaesthetic because it bloody hurt). Any lower and I would have lost an eye. There's no evidence now as the older I got my eyebrow hid the scar. I presume my parents changed the car for one with seatbelts although there was no such thing as child seats back then. I was never carried in the back of the car again.
    We all used to ride in the back of the car and it was full of lethal missiles like spare starters and dynamos etc. Cars didn*t have front seat belts let alone rear ones or child seats. My dad used to drive home every night from the pub with a proper skinfull of ale too. These days, people are more aware but I often see kids wandering around in the back and parents smoking which is also illegal now.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

School buses still don*t have seatbelts, Wooooooooooo!!

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Iíve always thought that seemed kinda questionable. But even if they did would you actually get all the kids to use them?

"Today, the United States government, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), does not require seat belts on school buses weighing over 10,000 pounds. Federal law does require seat belts on lighter buses, but the seat belt decision for larger buses is left to the states. To date, only six states (California, Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and Texas) require seat belts on school buses, and some of those states only require them on newer buses.

Why wouldn't the federal government require school buses to have seat belts? The simple answer is that they don't need them. In a cost/benefit analysis, the cost of adding seat belts to school buses outweighs any potential benefits, according to NHTSA studies.

Modern school buses are large and heavy, and their passengers sit high off the ground. This means they are remarkably safe. Each year, over 400,000 public school buses carry almost 25 million children more than 4 billion miles. Yet, fewer than 10 children die each year in school bus accidents, and studies show that seat belts would not have prevented most of those deaths."
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234