Smooth Ride

I, too, enjoy the smooth ride and handling on my GT - with factory Toyos.

Then again my other car rides on summer performance rubber bands.

I think the conti is definitely a good choice. I feel the Michelin is probably more performance balanced but it*s hard to judge without a direct comparison. Unfortunately Tire Rack used different vehicles in their test of each so those results comparatively aren*t meaningful.

I agree!!! Going by Tire Rack's reviews, the True Contact's might seem to be the better choice, but as you say, using different vehicles to compare the True Contact's with the Premier LTX's hardly seems a fair comparison!! In addition, the True Contact's are H rated while the Premier LTX's are V rated, as recommended by Mazda for the Mazda CX-5 GT model. I'm sure I'll get some blowback about this comment!!

While the True Contact's appear to be less expensive, when I bought my last set of LTX's at COSTCO I waited for the $70 rebate, AND, I prefer the (warranty)service that COSTCO provides for their tires. In addition COSTCO provides their own in house warranty on their tires giving the LTX's a longer mileage warranty than Michelin does. To me that makes up for any minor discrepancies in pricing.

Last edited:
I bought a set of LTX's two years ago. Although the tires performed very well, after 30,000 miles I am down to 3/32, despite regular rotation, two alignments, and weekly pressure checks. The wear even across the tread, and is almost identical on all 4 tires.

The 60,000 mile 50% refund on a new set is a joke. Why would anyone by another set of these rubbish tires?

I bought a set of LTX's two years ago. Although the tires performed very well, after 30,000 miles I am down to 3/32, despite regular rotation, two alignments, and weekly pressure checks. The wear even across the tread, and is almost identical on all 4 tires.

The 60,000 mile 50% refund on a new set is a joke. Why would anyone by another set of these rubbish tires?

Comparable to the OEM tires wear-wise. (Damning with faint praise.)

Back