Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda CX-5 "Reserve" Bose System

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I'm not sure about the Reserves, but my wife's Signature is one of the quietest vehicles I've been in. It has dual pane front side windows, just like my Lexus. Do the Reserves come with these? The Bose stereo is not nearly as good as my Mark Levinson, but is also not as bad as I was imagining it would be.
    The 2017 cx5 meters out at 67db and change at 70mph. That is very good. Its smack in the middle of high end lux brands. Audi does it better, but audi is Audi.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The 2017 cx5 meters out at 67db and change at 70mph. That is very good. Its smack in the middle of high end lux brands. Audi does it better, but audi is Audi.
    So, do they all come with dual pane (accustic) front side windows? It's easy to tell if you lower it a bit and check the edge. It's 2 pieces of glass sandwiched together. I wasn't expecting it at this price point.

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

So, do they all come with dual pane (accustic) front side windows? It's easy to tell if you lower it a bit and check the edge. It's 2 pieces of glass sandwiched together. I wasn't expecting it at this price point.
    I do not know if they all do. I know my GT-R and the SIG models do. I personally love it from a safety standpoint, which is also why I tint the windshield and front windows. Keeps the sharp scabbing to a minimum in event of any events.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Mazda CX-5 "Reserve" Bose System

Yes, all gen-2 CX-5's come with accustic glass on windshield and front windows. You can easily see the double pane edge on front window glass when it's lower.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

It's spelled BLOSE. Accurate description.
    '06 MX-5 6MT, Custom Sprung Ohlins, Tomei LSD
    '16.5 CX-5 T AWD w/more Soul
    IBA/COG Desmoquattro for pleasure

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Mazda CX-5 "Reserve" Bose System

Quote Originally Posted by ColtX-5 View Post
    It's spelled BLOSE. Accurate description.
    I have to agree with you on this. When gen-2 CX-5 Bose added 2 tweeters and a sub-woofer with tiny 5" speaker, I though it should sound better than gen-1 CX-5 Bose. But after tried several times with different type of songs and music to compare, I have to say it's actually getting worse!

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I think the Bose system is alright but not great. The Fender (Panasonic) system in my GTI is much better.

To the comment earlier about turning up the bass. Thatís just a bandaid and doesnít fix the lack of low frequency response. Youíre essentially extending the mid bass excessively. Doesnít sound good and it canít really handle it if youíre cranking it up.

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I do not know if they all do. I know my GT-R and the SIG models do. I personally love it from a safety standpoint, which is also why I tint the windshield and front windows. Keeps the sharp scabbing to a minimum in event of any events.
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yes, all gen-2 CX-5's come with accustic glass on windshield and front windows. You can easily see the double pane edge on front window glass when it's lower.
    In fact, they all have since 17.

Registered Member

So from our experience the sound quality on the Bose system is ok. This is my wife's vehicle and she likes listening to classic and hard rock at relatively loud volumes. We have been a Dodge family up to this CX-5 and the Infinity system in both her old '09 Dodge Journey and my '12 Jeep Wrangler is far better. The Bose system is just not very loud, it is very clear, but it is just lacking in the frequency response. It sounds somewhat shallow and harsh where the Infinity systems in our other vehicles are just more full sounding. We are still playing with the setting to optimize the sound, but that cannot make up for the reduced volume.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

The problem is they use mediocre hardware and try to compensate with DSP. At low volumes that kinda works but as you noticed when you crank it up the deficiencies become quite apparent. Fender system in my GTI blows it away also. CX-5 is also for me the wifeís car.

Registered Member

Thank you for additional replies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12