2017~2024 Mazda CX-5 "Reserve" Bose System

It's spelled BLOSE. Accurate description.
I have to agree with you on this. When gen-2 CX-5 Bose added 2 tweeters and a sub-woofer with tiny 5" speaker, I though it should sound better than gen-1 CX-5 Bose. But after tried several times with different type of songs and music to compare, I have to say it's actually getting worse!

I think the Bose system is alright but not great. The Fender (Panasonic) system in my GTI is much better.

To the comment earlier about turning up the bass. Thats just a bandaid and doesnt fix the lack of low frequency response. Youre essentially extending the mid bass excessively. Doesnt sound good and it cant really handle it if youre cranking it up.

So, do they all come with dual pane (accustic) front side windows? It's easy to tell if you lower it a bit and check the edge. It's 2 pieces of glass sandwiched together. I wasn't expecting it at this price point.

I do not know if they all do. I know my GT-R and the SIG models do. I personally love it from a safety standpoint, which is also why I tint the windshield and front windows. Keeps the sharp scabbing to a minimum in event of any events.

Yes, all gen-2 CX-5's come with accustic glass on windshield and front windows. You can easily see the double pane edge on front window glass when it's lower.

In fact, they all have since 17.

So from our experience the sound quality on the Bose system is ok. This is my wife's vehicle and she likes listening to classic and hard rock at relatively loud volumes. We have been a Dodge family up to this CX-5 and the Infinity system in both her old '09 Dodge Journey and my '12 Jeep Wrangler is far better. The Bose system is just not very loud, it is very clear, but it is just lacking in the frequency response. It sounds somewhat shallow and harsh where the Infinity systems in our other vehicles are just more full sounding. We are still playing with the setting to optimize the sound, but that cannot make up for the reduced volume.

The problem is they use mediocre hardware and try to compensate with DSP. At low volumes that kinda works but as you noticed when you crank it up the deficiencies become quite apparent. Fender system in my GTI blows it away also. CX-5 is also for me the wifes car.

Back