Windshield sunshade recommendations for new CX-5?

My wife bought a sunshade for ours. I'm reluctant to use it because I'm worried about the electronics behind the mirror overheating.

I bought the OEM Mazda accessory Sun Shade it it fit terribly in our 2019 Signature (Mazda paart #0000-8M-R02)...was too big, barely fit around the rear view mirror and would not lay flat against the window. Was sort of bowed once installed.

I just returned it to MazdaSwag and will be looking to get a Cover Craft one after I call them to make sure it will fit the signature window shield mirror cut out with the camera. Have Cover Craft for 3 other cars and left them....very disappointed in the OEM Mazda one though and couldn't recommend it.

It would be nice if they made a cheap sun shield that you put on the outside glass after parking, held with suction cups or something. It would be a lot easier to put on. I guess there would be too much chance for it to be stolen or to blow off if it was on the outside.

Windshield tint is also not practical if you*re from a state that uses stupid window decals for inspections.

Windshield tint is also not practical if you*re from a state that uses stupid window decals for inspections.

You been in Virginia long enough to remember when counties and towns also had their own windshield stickers you had to display to prove you paid your property tax? Then some went to an optional tag that you attached to the bottom of your lisence plate. As some point they did away with both...don't recall exactly when or why. Maybe automation obviated the need for a physical sticker.

I bought the OEM Mazda accessory Sun Shade it it fit terribly in our 2019 Signature (Mazda paart #0000-8M-R02)...was too big, barely fit around the rear view mirror and would not lay flat against the window. Was sort of bowed once installed.

I just returned it to MazdaSwag and will be looking to get a Cover Craft one after I call them to make sure it will fit the signature window shield mirror cut out with the camera. Have Cover Craft for 3 other cars and left them....very disappointed in the OEM Mazda one though and couldn't recommend it.

What?? Doesn't the CX5 have auto-dimming glass in the windshield?

Or at least a beeper to tell you the sun is in your eyes?

I ordered a Covercraft for my 2019 Sig a couple weeks ago, hasn't arrived yet. I'll report back when it arrives.

You been in Virginia long enough to remember when counties and towns also had their own windshield stickers you had to display to prove you paid your property tax? Then some went to an optional tag that you attached to the bottom of your lisence plate. As some point they did away with both...don't recall exactly when or why. Maybe automation obviated the need for a physical sticker.

Yes when I lived in Arlington thru 2016 they had the tax window sticker. Still do, unless they finally killed it during the past two years.

Hey folks. I have the same question. I have a newborn baby, and my lovely wife asked me to buy the rear window shades. Any suggestions? Actually, the best option I’ve recently found is this one https://snapshades.com.au/car-sun-protection-for-infants/. My brother advised me to buy these shades. He says he bought the same ones. So, you know, the reviews are mostly positive, so I’ll definitely think of buying these window shades. Anyway, waiting for your recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back