Quietest/best windshield wipers ever

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I was driving in the rain and the windshield wipers are so quiet and wipe the entire windshield, best out of all my cars from the past. My cars of the past always made clunky motor/wiper noise and didn't wipe the entire windshield. On a negative note the rear doors drain poorly. I opened them and let the water drain out of them. The front doors drain good, no need to open them to let water run out.

On a negative note the rear doors drain poorly. I opened them and let the water drain out of them. The front doors drain good, no need to open them to let water run out.

That's good to know. I rarely have rear seat passengers. I'll check mine in the morning to be sure water isn't sitting.

And I agree...I like the wipers, too.

I was driving in the rain and the windshield wipers are so quiet and wipe the entire windshield, best out of all my cars from the past. My cars of the past always made clunky motor/wiper noise and didn't wipe the entire windshield. On a negative note the rear doors drain poorly. I opened them and let the water drain out of them. The front doors drain good, no need to open them to let water run out.
This's strange. We've seen so many complaints here towards revised windshield wipers on gen-2 CX-5 especially in wintery condition. Here's one long thread out of many:

2017 CX-5 GT wipers sucks...

I live in Montreal, Canada. I bought my CX-5 in November. I am so disappointed by the wipers they provided me. We had rain most of the time in november and it's so low quality. I contact my dealer for more details about these wipers...

It's worse in the winter as you can see (I turned all the heaters on)...
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/VousH"><a href="//imgur.com/VousH">2017 cx-5 wipers</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Here*s my report on the Bosch Envision wiper blades. I*ll precursor my report by saying I HATED the OEM blades. They were chattering/choppy and skipping on the return path, and so causing them to be annoyingly loud and not cleaning well. Winter in NorCal means rain, so after some light-moderate rain this week I decided to go with the Bosch Envision 24OE and 18OE (big shout out to Shiggy for posting his purchase experience!!!!), seemingly selling exclusively from AutoZone, for $29 EACH!! (yes I know bloody expensive). Used adaptor #6. IMMEDIATELY the difference was apparent. Clean wipe and silent.

The best wipers are the ones you never need :) Ceramic coated my CX-5 with Carpro Cquartz, and at the same time I used the bottle of reload that came with it on the windshield. Works 10x better than Rain-x (screw Rain-X), and the water just sheaths off at speeds faster than 30mph

The best wipers are the ones you never need :) Ceramic coated my CX-5 with Carpro Cquartz, and at the same time I used the bottle of reload that came with it on the windshield. Works 10x better than Rain-x (screw Rain-X), and the water just sheaths off at speeds faster than 30mph

Won't fix snow, ice, etc. though. Wiper still needed, even with coatings.

So did I, but then came this...

Won't fix snow, ice, etc. though. Wiper still needed, even with coatings.

I love my Bosch Icons. The OEM wipers were complete garbage in wintry weather.

Problem is that the Gen 2 fits far fewer aftermarket wipers because it's not a normal j-hook connection.
Actually gen-1 OEM wiper blades are pretty good in non-wintry condition. And yes, gen-2 wiper blades have very proprietary hook where at least for Bosch, only Envision comes with proper adapter to install.

Now I really need to get used to $29 per wiper blade!

Actually, my complaint on the wipers on our 2018 Mazda 6 is they wipe too slow on the fastest setting. In heavy rain, they're not clearing the water off quick enough. All other cars I've had in the past had a faster wipe motion on the high setting. Anyone else frustrated with this?

The best wipers I*ve ever used are the original Denso wipers as fitted to Gen 1 models. These Gen 2 are also Denso but they can be noisy when they change direction. There are no replacement blades with the correct size fitting in the UK that I*m aware of so I buy the rubber inserts and change them. About 12 months is about the best I can get out of wipers before they fail to wipe cleanly. We use taxis a lot at work and the condition of the wipers never fails to amaze me. All they do is rearrange the water on the glass!

Actually gen-1 OEM wiper blades are pretty good in non-wintry condition. And yes, gen-2 wiper blades have very proprietary hook where at least for Bosch, only Envision comes with proper adapter to install.

I said winter conditions.

The best wipers I*ve ever used are the original Denso wipers as fitted to Gen 1 models. These Gen 2 are also Denso but they can be noisy when they change direction. There are no replacement blades with the correct size fitting in the UK that I*m aware of so I buy the rubber inserts and change them. About 12 months is about the best I can get out of wipers before they fail to wipe cleanly. We use taxis a lot at work and the condition of the wipers never fails to amaze me. All they do is rearrange the water on the glass!

I wish Bosch sold insert replacements for the ICON blades. I hate spending $40-$50 a pair on wipers every 1-2 years. Seems so wasteful to discard the entire assembly.

I actually still have the original OEM Honda wiper blade frames from my Integra sitting on a shelf. I used to put replacements in those until I couldn't find them anymore. Then I started using ICON's, but now I just use cheap replacements for now until I get around to getting my windshield replaced, due to the big horizontal crack that wears out the wipers faster.

So....2017-2019...what wiper? ICON not avail.

Seems Bosch Envisions are the ones to get.

I recently installed oem gen 1 ,Denso wipers purchased online (not thru online mazda dealer) for $34 for both fronts.Very satisfied with them.My dealer only carries Mazda "value line" which I tried last time and they weren't that great for the price.In fact they kinda sucked.They were also a b***h to remove from the wiper arms.Dealer said they could order the original Denso's but it was at some price I wasn't willing to pay.

Back