Thread: Yakima MightyMount's sizing (CX-5)

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 Touring AWD w/Preferred Package

Yakima MightyMount's sizing (CX-5)

Does anyone know what size MightyMount's fit OEM crossbars for a 2017-2019 CX-5's? I haven't been able to find information via Yakima's website.

Registered Member

CX5 Sport MT

Yakima hasn't made Mightymounts for OEM bars in 15+ years. The only MM currently produced are to fit their new bar shapes.
    Universal MM will fit to convert old Yak accessories to the OEM bars but they are a pain in the ass. Everything they make is compatible out of the box w factory bar shapes. Note that just because a mount fits the bars it doesn't mean the bars can handle the load, Rooftop tents for example.
    -Yakima sales rep for 15 years.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 Touring AWD w/Preferred Package

Quote Originally Posted by rjdee View Post
    Yakima hasn't made Mightymounts for OEM bars in 15+ years. The only MM currently produced are to fit their new bar shapes.
    Universal MM will fit to convert old Yak accessories to the OEM bars but they are a pain in the ass. Everything they make is compatible out of the box w factory bar shapes. Note that just because a mount fits the bars it doesn't mean the bars can handle the load, Rooftop tents for example.
    -Yakima sales rep for 15 years.
    I am fairly certain one of the car specific mighty mounts would fit OEM crossbars for a 2017 cx-5, which is why I asked. The universal mounts look absolutely terrible. I am trying to mount a Yakima highroller bike rack. I called Yakima and the rep said they couldn't give me the size crossbars accepted by certain mighty mounts.... That being said since you are a sales rep could you possibly give me this information? I just ordered MM20H hoping they'll fit. Per measurements from eBay seller they should fit but id rather have technical documentation if available.