Finally Joined the Club! - 2019 CX-5 GT-R

:
2019 CX-5 GT-R
After years of hanging out on this forum I finally joined the club last week and picked up my CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve in Machine Gray with the Parchment interior.
I would have gotten the Signature but I knew the moment I saw the leather in person at last year's auto show that it wasn't for me. The other small upgrades I could live without but what I knew I wanted was the 2.5T so Grand Touring Reserve it is!

AzrDL7Ph.jpg

55Wmuthh.jpg

The BMW X3 has been kicked out of the garage and the CX-5 now joined the All Mazda garage next to my RX-8

9UBLTgmh.jpg

Next weekend I'll take it to get the front windows tinted to match the rears and I'm even considering a slight tint on the windshield as it's pretty sunny in SoCal and I do spend a whole lot of time in the car.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, wanted to hear your first hand take take on the diesel, but #s seems underwhelming at best so I totally get it and wish you best of luck with what would likely be my choice right now yet my 100k brodozer soldiers on)..other than brakes very minimal issues..still tight..28-29 in summer and would go again w/no hesitation

Last edited:
Congrats! Inown your twin except in black leather.

I did ceramic tint front windows to match, and ceramic windshield, clear. Wrapped the front of the car with 3m.

Star Wars avatar name, Vader avatar pic, lingered in forum and finally got CX-5. Yup you've officially joined the Dark Side.

Finally Joined the Club! - 2019 CX-5 GT-R

Star Wars avatar name, Vader avatar pic, lingered in forum and finally got CX-5. Yup you've officially joined the Dark Side.
+1.

But the SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel is coming SOON, isn't it?

Monterra: I would have loved to have given my first hand impressions on the Diesel CX-5 but I waited 2+ years for what I felt was an underwhelming product. I still think it'll achieve better real world mpg than what we're seeing now but at that cost it didn't make sense to me.

CX-5um: it's good to join the Dark Side

unobtanium: I originally was going to get the black leather but for some reason the parchment just spoke to me.

yrwei52: yes, it's due out this summer but the mpg figures were barely higher than the gasoline version. I went with fun factor of the 2.5T instead :D

commuted 48 miles this morning on mostly a mountain highway and averaged 28.2 mpg. Not too shabby.
I'm certain that average won't hold up but we're off to a good start so far

commuted 48 miles this morning on mostly a mountain highway and averaged 28.2 mpg. Not too shabby.

Mine does. If Im sensible, I can get a full 370ish miles at 28+ on my daily commutes.

That's how much it costs? Damn. The US spec gets less mpgs than the Euro/Japan spec I heard. I see EPA's fingerprints all over this launch.

Around that cost. I don't recall exactly, but it was definitely over $41k starting MSRP.

Get the 70-80% tint on the front windshield, or pony up for the ceramic. Both are highly worth it. I have 70% with a 5% strip on top with 20% on the front windows, and it*s a perfect match and ohhh so much cooler and better looking...

Enjoy your new whip. It*s exactly what I*d get if I splurged atm, but with black leather (hoping grey becomes an option)...

Get the 70-80% tint on the front windshield, or pony up for the ceramic. Both are highly worth it. I have 70% with a 5% strip on top with 20% on the front windows, and it*s a perfect match and ohhh so much cooler and better looking...

Enjoy your new whip. It*s exactly what I*d get if I splurged atm, but with black leather (hoping grey becomes an option)...

I was just thinking I really need to get my front windows tinted. How much did that cost?

Welcome aboard!! I also have the GT-R in Machine Gray, black leather- washed and polished yesterday, looks great! Recently went on first mini road trip- got 29 mpg mostly highway.

Congrats on the new car. I bet that Machine Gray and parchment interior really pops.

How in the heck are people pulling these numbers? I have a very light foot, and after 2,000 miles have yet to get a tank over 24 MPG in my GT-R.

Congrats on the new car. I bet that Machine Gray and parchment interior really pops.

How in the heck are people pulling these numbers? I have a very light foot, and after 2,000 miles have yet to get a tank over 24 MPG in my GT-R.
Everyone's driving conditions are different.

Everyone's driving conditions are different.

Yeh, I guess.

But I'm a really conservative driver. When the guy is pulling an extra 4MPG on mountainous roads...

Maybe I just need something to whine about. Gotta keep the skill set intact.

Back